Gearbox wires

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

A quick question. I have slowly been rebuilding my GR16 and htere is a niggling issue that I can't get right.

When I put together my upper and lower receiver, the wires from the gearbox going into the front hand guards seem to be in the way of my hopup. At the moment i have to squeeze them down the side between the body and gearbox to get them to go above the hopup. Ideally i want them to just go either side of the hopup and neatly tuck away

any ideas?

post-9602-0-22844400-1403085764_thumb.jpg

Thats about where they are supposed to be. That said, it looks like there is some damage to the wires where they come out of the gearbox - possible getting pinched by the magazine or something...

• Supporters

It's a niggling issue that most manufacturers don't seem to be able to get right.

My old TM body fitted on differently in as much as it clipped over the gearbox instead of sliding on around it. That means that they can fit a little cable channel to guide the wires out of the way. The replacement metal receiver I have slides on so any space that was there before is taken up by the extra thickness of the metal. Pain. In. The. Arse.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.