G&G GR16 metal body???

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I have been searching the net over the last few days and completely wandered around in circles. I am looking to replace the plastic body on my G&G GR16 blow-back with a metal upper and lower receiver.

I could approach G&G directly but I want to source as many options as possible.

Does anyone know of a full metal body that would suit my needs?

cheers

jon

With all the knowledge out there, does anyone know if this pruduct will be transferable into GR16

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYMA-Tactical-M4-AEG-Metal-Body-Ver-2-for-Marui-Standard-/121346618128?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Paintballing&hash=item1c40d27310

I seem to remember reading that there are issues with clearance for the reciprocating pseudo bolt with most upper receivers, so may need a bit of custom dremel work.

Also worth considering that a cheep metal receiver will be made of darylea where as the standard gr16 polymer is amazingly robust.

• Supporters

With all the knowledge out there, does anyone know if this pruduct will be transferable into GR16

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYMA-Tactical-M4-AEG-Metal-Body-Ver-2-for-Marui-Standard-/121346618128?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Paintballing&hash=item1c40d27310

Theoretically yes, but in practice - probably not. For instance I fitted a Dytac metal receiver set onto my old TM M4A1 to replace the plastic body and two piece hop unit. Suffice to say it would have been cheaper with a better end result to just replace the old TM with a G&G CM16 carbine.

It is NEVER as easy as it should be!

CYMA metal bodies are cast out of cheese metal,they are weaker than the other zamak bodies about and love to strip. I had a CYMA m4 and the body disintegrated form piss poor casting quality and the metal just being unsuitable. Although all gun bodies have a dominant but varying amount of zinc in them,some companies like to mix in different metal. IIRC G&G are unique as they use Magnesium a lot which is fairly suitable for airsoft bodies.

You will have issues with the faux bolt & gearbox on that body,you will have to disable the blowback and file down a few support points on the gearbox shell to get it to fit,but that's estimation since I've yet to try jam a G&G blowback gearbox into a different body.

If you want a good metal body that isn't Dairylea then be prepared to pay a fair amount,

How about a Dboys body? (see link) I've heard as long as I replace both upper and lower receiver it should be fine.

Sorry to keep asking but I am really in the dark about this stuff at the moment.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboys-metal-body-marking-p-6844.html

• Supporters

probably not without serious modification.

the problem you have is that the gearbox on your G&G is non-standard, it's got quite a bit of extra stuff going on above the piston that a standard gearbox doesn't have. Fitting it all into an aftermarket receiver would be a challenge. Not only that, if you're spending $50 on a metal receiver it's likely to be off-spec and made of black painted dairylea, if anything it'll be a downgrade from the really quite strong plastic body that you've got at the moment.

As lozart said, when it comes to swapping receivers and the like over it's often easier and in the long run cheaper to just get a different gun.

Well,you get what you pay for really. Dboys' pot metal is often on the better side but on the SCAR L I worked on it was pretty bad quality,It was worryingly heavy and felt brittle

It's mostly cheese metal stuff and you do play the Chinese lottery with quality. When it comes to externals 'You get what you pay for' really rings true,unlike other airsoft kit which does not follow 'more $ = more better' formula. I can;t comment more than that,I lack experience in this area.

• Supporters

How about a Dboys body? (see link) I've heard as long as I replace both upper and lower receiver it should be fine.

Sorry to keep asking but I am really in the dark about this stuff at the moment.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboys-metal-body-marking-p-6844.html

Are you trying to achieve a specific look? If not the best bet for a metal body for a G&G gun is the G&G metal bodies I linked to. As jcheeseright said the blowback gearbox in your gun isn't necessarily going to fit into another manufacturers body.

I know it's very easy for us all to sit here and tell you to spend more than you really want to but honestly - learn from our mistakes. We've already spent more time, effort and money than strictly speaking necessary to get where you want to so save your cash and either get a different gun or buy the right parts in the first place. It's not the big parts that catch you out it's things like - does the new receiver come with a charging handle? If not, will the old charging handle fit properly? If it does, will the new charging handle clear the gearbox properly? Will the wiring still fit where it needs to? Is the hop unit compatible with the receiver (rare that you find one that isn't to be fair but it happens). It WILL NOT be as straightforward as it seems on the surface.

All that said - the things I've learned throughout the experience will serve me well as I continue to airsoft and no doubt get badgered to fix my mates guns!

Are you trying to achieve a specific look? If not the best bet for a metal body for a G&G gun is the G&G metal bodies I linked to.

learn from our mistakes. We've already spent more time, effort and money than strictly speaking necessary to get where you want to so save your cash and either get a different gun or buy the right parts in the first place.

I just don't fancy having an emblem on the side, I'd rather go for a blank receiver.

Once again thanks guys, you are all very patient with my questions :)

Fairy power spray it and it will come off in less than 5 min

Really!!! I've never used it but will defo give it a go :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.