Mags from Ehobbyasia

RedFox89

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

Now following this post anyone can tell me I'm a fool or what not but just wanted to see if anyone has got an idea of what I want to know:

Basically I would like to get a box set of mid caps and have dug around the net and (most) sites/people have recommended MAG mid caps - but can I find any in stock in the UK??? Nope.

Ehobbyasia have the ones I want in stock however I need to know if I'm going to be paying import tax on top of what I pay for at ehobbyasia:

8 x MAG 130rd mid caps = $42.00

Standard delivery to UK = $26.00

(£40.05 currently, product+delivery)

Import tax = ???

Comparable price if in stock:

Patrol base for same product: £52.99

So yeah if we had stock over here it would be brill but hey ho.

Any help/advice or sarcastic comments welcome! :)

• Supporters

you SHOULD have to pay import duty and VAT on them, but you might not have to.

I've had packages stopped by customs and others waved through without a charge, but I always budget for having to pay £13 parcelforce handling fee, 20% VAT and 3-4% import duty. If you don't get charged then great... if you do then you've planned for it and all is well :)

I brought from there a PEQ and light combo, was about £60 with 3-5 day delivery, took 8days coz of customs ended up picking it up from parcel force so my time and my petrol and had to pay £11 VAT that i dont mind but also had to pay Parcel Forces fee £14 or something so ended up paying £25 extra on top. Ouch

Hmmm maybe I should stick to UK/Europe lol.

Does anyone have any experience with ASG mid cap mags? I see they are on a few websites for a box set of 10 for around £45.

Haha we wouldn't have this conversation if they were in stock!

I have seen they are in on Red Wolf Airsoft though so just got to get funds together for them lol, £54.50 they are.

Thanks for the help though guys, it's appreciated.

I'm looking at buying a lot of magazines from eHobby Asia and RSOV.

I'd say you're fine at the price you are paying. As a rule I try to stick to paying under £50 in total. The reason for this is because AFAIK if 20% of the total is under £9, then you won't have to pay tax / import duty. It explains why you don't pay any extra charges on cheap things you might pay a tenner for from HK.

There are MAG MP5 mid-caps I can get for £31 including shipping but to buy them from Airsoft Supply Drop would be £55! (£60 posted)

A box of five King Arms magazines - £27 shipped. Metal ones - £44.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.