GUn range for £300-£400

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering, because I will be skirmishing quite a bit, and will be looking to upgraded my gun currently, it dawned on me, I have no idea what I really want.

I like the magpul PTS masada streamlined version, and it has some good stats (not sure about actual firing), but there are none in stock and it seems quite plastic for that kind of money.

G&P and TM are said to be very nice brands, however I don't want a standard M4, but a different one if you know what I mean. Like this:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/m4-ras-marine-gp305-p1666

that seems like quite a nice gun, however there isn't much between a standard m4, and is it worth it.

I'm not looking for a complete different gun, like and AUG or GALIL, just wondering what would be the best option in that price range.

Some other guns I have found:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/mre-gp623-p1711

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/umarex-hk-416-p3178

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/gas-rifles-c48/mega-arms-mkm-ar15-black-p3268

I like the prospect of a gas gun, and wouldn't mind doing maintenance on it.

I would overall like: A nice firing gun, quite easy to upgrade, from a reputable company, good quality build, something worth the money.

I know it is a much better idea to let you help me choose, as you are the experts on this, and I am the noob.

P.S: I won't be getting this straight away, I will be doing a few skirmishes first, and getting used to airsoft...

thanks Oli

Guest PT247

I love my GHK G5 GBB rifle, but, and it is a big but..... Carrying enough mags for a long game is heavy and expensive, Am currently working on a hi-cap HPA set up for it to reduce weight, but that is not a cheap option either

I don't want to sound too disrespectful, Flex, but you don't need another gun for a while- and you definitely don't need to spend £300-£400 on one until you get a UKARA or similar registration.

Focus on accumulating kit such as:

• A decent pair of boots
  • Facial protection
  • Magazines and batteries for your existing gun
  • A chest rig/plate carrier/assault vest/belt kit to carry mags, BBs, batteries etc
  • A hydration system such as a knockoff camelback or a decent water bottle
  • A pair of sturdy combat gloves?
  • A set of proper tactical clothing that will last, such as Propper, 5.11 and others
  • Maybe further down the line a sidearm, holster and mags for it?

Maybe look at GBBRs later on? It's not just about 'not minding' maintenance on them, you also have to have the capability and determination (as well as a steady supply of funds) to keep maintaining one.

looking at the pts mega arms, it really is starting to grow on me. In a way I like having less ammo, I can conserve it a lot better that way. Just one Q, i swear he stock looks like it has a battery in it. BTW, it sounds epic!

I don't want to sound too disrespectful, Flex, but you don't need another gun for a while- and you definitely don't need to spend £300-£400 on one until you get a UKARA or similar registration.

Focus on accumulating kit such as:

• A decent pair of boots
  • Facial protection
  • Magazines and batteries for your existing gun
  • A chest rig/plate carrier/assault vest/belt kit to carry mags, BBs, batteries etc
  • A hydration system such as a knockoff camelback or a decent water bottle
  • A pair of sturdy combat gloves?
  • A set of proper tactical clothing that will last, such as Propper, 5.11 and others
  • Maybe further down the line a sidearm, holster and mags for it?

Maybe look at GBBRs later on? It's not just about 'not minding' maintenance on them, you also have to have the capability and determination (as well as a steady supply of funds) to keep maintaining one.

I understand.

I actually have all the kit necassery, including viper vest, unlim combat gear and boots etc. I do CCF at school, and a big pro = you get standard army kit that you have to use, and you are allowed to keep it. I won't be looking at buying one of these till November, however I wanted to get some extra knowledge. I understand, I do need more mags, and I will continue to buy some more in the future. thanks for the post and info. I will take the advice

I love my GHK G5 GBB rifle, but, and it is a big but..... Carrying enough mags for a long game is heavy and expensive, Am currently working on a hi-cap HPA set up for it to reduce weight, but that is not a cheap option either

Was going to mention my G5 as well - love it, but if you're at a place where everyone is spamming high caps you do feel some what out gunned.

Seriously. Some kids parents won't let them have airsoft. My parents didn't until they realized I would be responsible. They got me a springer from menkind at christmas, they realize they could trust me. Here I am today. Don't worry about £400 G&P's and enjoy your current gun. Sand the green off once you're registered and Bob's your uncle. Maybe when you have a job you can get one, but you haven't even had your G&G for a month. Just enjoy the game.

If I were you I would hold onto that money for a while. Try to get to a skirmish and ask people for a quick go with they're gun in between games. Also get to a shop with a range and try literally 10 guns or so. This way you can feel the weight, size, recoil/blowback, quality, finish, etc.

there's no such thing as the perfect gun as people prioritise different features so only you can find out for yourself

• Supporters

You don't even know what your style of play is atm....

you might find yourself running as a spotter/sniper

or think wtf and go sprinting around with pistols all die hard like

or more like not got a bloomin' clue what I'm doing and so just bring up the rear

or become a diversion / decoy for the more experienced team players to rush from other side

You could end up buying all nice stuff but find your loadout & style doesn't suit your own playstyle

sure I'd love to run in all guns blazing but with my lame ar$e skill don't think I wanna sit in safezone for 9:30mins either

(8:00mins in safe zone and that is a good game for me - just kidding)

chill a sec - get playing and see how YOU take to it, your strengths weakness etc....

then a while later you buy the stuff that suits how YOU play

I'm sure loads of people think they wanna snipe and then find it is too boring or not for them

and vice versa I would imagine too

I've been looking at the RM4 Scout. I really think that may be something I'll be getting in the new year. Gets a really good review from what I've seen and apparently the blow backs good.

I'm getting the HK417, from what I've seen and read it's quite adaptable, can do the normal running around assault rifle role and with a few additions it can fit into the DMR role. I guess it all comes down to what loadout you want, what style of weapon you like and what style of play you intend to do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.