VFC SCAR vs. TM SCAR.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a VFC SCAR-H. A good gun, but I've heard of some problems it might obtain later on in its life... So a friend of mine would buy it if I ever put it up for sale. Nearly full profit back.

So I saw the Tokyo Marui SCAR-H. It gets quite the praise. But here is the thing: Which of the 2 is best?

Questions are as follows:

1. Materials. Is the TM just as well made or at least 90% as good as the VFC? I know the VFC is almost as close to the real thing as you can get.

2. Will the TM perform? I know it shoots about 50fps slower than the VFC, so how is it in the field? And how is the accuracy?

3. Is the TM worth the extra 100$ that it costs compared to the VFC?

If you could answer those 3 questions, as weel as your own opinions, facts, and what you would pick out of the 2, that would be great :)

Cheers! :D

I have the TM. SCAR-l and it's great.

1. Materials - hard to beat the quality of the TM. Recoils. Solid plastics and full metal upper.

2. Performance - don't worry abit the lower FPS. leave it standard as it will out perform and out range most other AEGs.

3. Extra ££ - is it worth it....... HELL YES!! Recoil, bolt lock it's TM.

I have never had a VFC SCAR but I had a BFC SR-16 (M4) and love it. Great quality rifles but the TM is just better in almost every way.

Second vote for the TM Scar. The recoil range are brilliant guns that are worth the extra cash - solid, long lasting and a lot of fun to shoot.

Think you can see where this is going.

If you have the extra ££ them TM is your only option.

Materials-

Both are made out of a mix of Zamak/Aluminium & Plastic,next to no difference in material usage. TM's plastics,especially the ones used in the recoils feels much better than VFC however. Otherwise both are equal footing material and build quality wise. TM has a better looking finish IMO but that's down to preference.

Performance-

Have to hand it to TM. VFC gearboxes have overall left me unimpressed,especially for the money you are paying. The overall parts quality was pretty bad,the pistons,tappet plates and other plastic parts are made with the shittiest clear plastic VFC could find,the pistons grenade themselves even on Irish legal 1 Joule spring in my experiences. Gearsets are standard sintered stuff you find in most guns and are usable,but have 'self shimming' axles which to be honest,are horrible for long term. It seems the self shimming stuff degrades over time and becomes a screechfest Air seal parts are decent and usable. Gearbox shells are not the strongest but usable.

Hop up units are where VFC fall even more,Again,for a high end gun the hop up units are generally bad performing. A cheap CYMA will outperform a VFC with stock hop up.

Again,VFC's internals are not necessarily bad quality overall,but bad quality for the price you are paying.

TM,although not the best stuff around still win out over VFC.

Gears are twice as thick as VFC's. Bevel and Spur are made of Sintered carbon steel according to one Italian review site, the sector is made out of zinc. The zinc sector is there so the japanese government is happy that people cannot upgrade over 1J. The piston is perfectly fine,very strong actually. It should not break unless you are using very powerful springs or really cock up angle of engagement. Remember,in addition to a spring it's also pulling back a 250g recoil weight and spring. The other gears are perfectly usable,when upgrading you can replace the sector only and still have decent meshing,but stock it should be reliable as the gears are twice as thick as standard.

Air seal parts are perfectly fine,quite good actually. Piston heads are not ported but still seal well. Hop up units,especially on the recoil are bloody fantastic,it's agreed by a fair amount of techs that TM did a good job on this.

Price wise- It depends. TM recoil scars are heavily marked up outside of Japan,in Japan they cost 420$ which is 250 pounds,but be prepared to pay 400 pounds because of the VATman,retailer markup and various things.

Overall,i'd say it's worth it. Better internals in some areas,better performance overall,and you get recoil and bolt lock,which makes the gun miles more fun to shoot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.