Looking for a backup/CQB AEG

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm considering my options for a backup AEG which will possibly be used as a CQB primary as well (semi-auto only for this), but don't really want to spend too much more then ~£150 as it will get relatively light use.

Anyone got a recommendation for a relatively cheap preferably non-AR15 platform AEG? That means no CM's! :P

Also I'm not so keen on guns which use completely the wrong materials for parts, eg plastic receiver which should be metal or fake wood etc.

Bonus points if it will take a mini-type battery.

Quite like the look of the CM045 http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-045c-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 no idea if it's one of the better CYMA's or not though.

Is their MP5k any good? I thought the general consensus was to avoid anything CYMA which wasn't a high number AK or an M14.

The AEP's look fun and all, but would like something which could function as a replacement rifle in-case of primary failure, doubt they've got the range for that.

Same problem with tri-shots.

as a back up to my m4 i carry a trishot(very good for the money tbh double eagle ones actually work! im even considering replacting my m4 with a cyma mp5 and running it and the shotgun which i feel should be a good combo for fast cc

A shotgun of some description is always good as a back up.

You could try a JG Skorpion aep - surprisingly good little gun and will set you back just £90.

So I'm considering my options for a backup AEG which will possibly be used as a CQB primary as well (semi-auto only for this), but don't really want to spend too much more then ~£150 as it will get relatively light use.

Anyone got a recommendation for a relatively cheap preferably non-AR15 platform AEG? That means no CM's! :P

Also I'm not so keen on guns which use completely the wrong materials for parts, eg plastic receiver which should be metal or fake wood etc.

Bonus points if it will take a mini-type battery.

Quite like the look of the CM045 http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-045c-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 no idea if it's one of the better CYMA's or not though.

I was thinking of CYMA until you said no CM's o.o

the CM.045 is great for cqb or backup, real good gun for that! fairly heavy so no good for a secondary thou!

I was thinking of CYMA until you said no CM's o.o

the CM.045 is great for cqb or backup, real good gun for that! fairly heavy so no good for a secondary thou!

By no CM's I meant combat machines, forgot that CM is also the abbreviation for CYMA!

Shotguns do look pretty entertaining but in the event of my primary failing I'd hate to be stuck trying to do woodland with a pump action.

I think it's between one of the MP5K's and a CYMA at the moment, TM MP5K would be pretty nice, bit more then I'm wanting to pay for a backup though.

Love the look of the CM.045c, only thing that is a bit of a downer is that they all seem to use crappy stick batteries. Also not sure how good the construction is, I know they use quite a lot of pot metal in their guns, dunno if this is one of them.

By no CM's I meant combat machines, forgot that CM is also the abbreviation for CYMA!

Shotguns do look pretty entertaining but in the event of my primary failing I'd hate to be stuck trying to do woodland with a pump action.

I think it's between one of the MP5K's and a CYMA at the moment, TM MP5K would be pretty nice, bit more then I'm wanting to pay for a backup though.

Love the look of the CM.045c, only thing that is a bit of a downer is that they all seem to use crappy stick batteries. Also not sure how good the construction is, I know they use quite a lot of pot metal in their guns, dunno if this is one of them.

cm.045 construction is superb. vfc clone, not tm.

as for mp5k, I would recommend CA B&T. mine shot further and straighter than most m4s on my site, and it was stock. it is a lot heavier than one would think thou and personally I would not carry it as a secondary. oh, and it takes a stick battery.. I cannot see how any other batteries would fit in a mp5k?

in either case I suppose you can put a battery pouch or tape the battery on the outside if you really hate stick batteries.

An MP5 will probably suit best. MP5K's are good but if you need it as a backup for outdoors it may be a bit lacking.

A G36C is another option as a plastic reciever is realistic so you won't need to shell out for a more expensive metal gun. In fact you could even save on mags with a G36 by getting the magwell adapter.

• 2 weeks later...

ICS mp5s are pretty good guns - a very good choice mate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.