need a MosFet for G&G Scar-L

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

They're still quite big to fit into the SCAR-L though. I have a Nano AB, it's way larger than the Pico.

• Supporters

They're still quite big to fit into the SCAR-L though. I have a Nano AB, it's way larger than the Pico.

the thing i was thinking was it would mean no wiring(which i'm not very good at) and all i would have to do is plug it in

• Supporters

the thing i was thinking was it would mean no wiring(which i'm not very good at) and all i would have to do is plug it in

Depends what you're trying to achieve with it. Is the gun giving you problems?

• Supporters

no but i want to use a 11.1v lipo and i can't use it for to long as it will burn out my trigger contacts and then all i need is a high torque motor and 13:1 gears and it will be perfect

• Supporters

no but i want to use a 11.1v lipo and i can't use it for to long as it will burn out my trigger contacts and then all i need is a high torque motor and 13:1 gears and it will be perfect

So how about getting the Pico SSR and wiring it in but on the fixed side of the stock? As in the bit that stays attached to the gun when you take the battery out.

• Supporters

the only bit that stays attached is the prongs so there is no way to wire one in thats why i thought the nano would be perfect because i can attach it to the battery and wire in the back part of the stock

• Supporters

the only bit that stays attached is the prongs so there is no way to wire one in thats why i thought the nano would be perfect because i can attach it to the battery and wire in the back part of the stock

Ah yeah, just looked at mine - no space is there.

Maybe if you put the Nano in where the fuse sits? Only problem is that without wiring in the trigger contact you don't get the improved trigger response.

If you don't wire a mosfet into the trigger contacts you get almost no benefit from it. If you want to use 11.1 lipo then you need to do this otherwise you will burn out the contacts. This is the whole point a a fet.

• Supporters

the improved trigger response isn't to bad standard

True, but as dex just said, without wiring it in you will still be passing full current through the trigger contacts plus you'll have to wait for the mosfet to react before you get a shot out. It'll be a small increase in time but it's there nonetheless.

If you don't wire a mosfet into the trigger contacts you get almost no benefit from it. If you want to use 11.1 lipo then you need to do this otherwise you will burn out the contacts. This is the whole point a a fet.

Seconding this.

Plug in mosfets are a complete sham. They are only good for programming fire modes but over priced for just that and offer bugger all protection.

Gate Pico SSR2 is the smallest mosfet around,it's probably the best option.

• Supporters

Seconding this.

Plug in mosfets are a complete sham. They are only good for programming fire modes but over priced for just that and offer bugger all protection.

Gate Pico SSR2 is the smallest mosfet around,it's probably the best option.

I can see the problem with fitting to the SCAR though. I had a look at mine and there's a couple of issues - there's bugger all space in the stock other than where the fuse holder is and then you need to bridge the hinge on the stock. Personally I think I'd look at opening it up and seeing if there's any space in the receiver but I'd still go with the Gate Pico.

The problem isn't so much the size of the mosfet (the Pico mosfet is easy to lose in the stock) but the fact that the stock hinges and the battery in the sliding rear stock connects/ disconnects via fixrd plug/sockets. The mosfet trigger wire/wires either need to be capable of hinging (therefore vunerable) or being unplugged. Both options aren't ideal.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.