Need a a good aeg

lewis123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a full metal aeg for around £350 has to be full metal and around 350 fps, don't mind what kind of style, has anyone got any ideas?

Looking for a full metal aeg for around £350 has to be full metal and around 350 fps, don't mind what kind of style, has anyone got any ideas?

What style you looking for? It would give us a better idea of what you are looking for then.

If you want something a bit different, I would highly recommend a LCT VSS or AS VAL. Or anything from LCT really :P

Ok thanks guys, I've got a g&g I'm hoping to sell because it's a bit to cqb for me so am looking for something longer range, will consider some of them thanks

If you want longer range remember it's not necessarily barrel length but the quality. The G&G Fire Hawk for example, it's got like a 192mm barrel but can still get shots on target out to a good distance.

I don't know what the G&G UMG is like for upgrading in terms of hop units / inner barrels though. AFAIK there are none.

I know you said you're not really bothered on style, but would help a lot if you could be a bit more specific in generally what kind of guns you're interested in. So AR / AK etc.

These are the ones I'm trying to decide between myself:

G&G AKM

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/gkm-ak47-full-metal-real-wood-p1579

G&G GK74N

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=66&products_id=8599

KWA RM4 ERG (Scout or CQC)

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/pts-pts-rm4-scout-erg-p2286

Not that you have to spend that much obvs these are just some of the more expensive options.

You could upgrade the AKs with a Madbull 455mm TBB or the Scout with a 363mm TBB which should increase range and accuracy a bit more.

Metal isn't always better. A good polymer is often more robust and lighter than cheap metal.

One fully metal gun I can recommend is the ASG Sten MkII. Great gun, good range and accuracy and if you drop it, you're more likely to break your toes than the gun as it's steel. The downside is you are stuck with ironsights (they are really good ironsights) and if you want semi auto then you will need a burst wizard mosfet. It may look a bit out of place with modern loadouts though :)

Ok thanks guys, I've always liked the ak style and I think they look nice with the real wood, but I'm looking to join the army when I am older and I've already got a bit of experience with the l85, and the best quality one I've heard of is the ics one, IS there any others?

Only ones still available I know of are ICS, G&G and WE who make a GBB one.

To be honest, handling an AEG L85 is going to be no help handling the real steel. By the time you'll need to fire a real steel L85, everyone else will be just a proficient and any muscle memory you have gained from using a GBB will be of no advantage by the time you have finished training. An AEG will be useless becuase it's nothing like the real thing, the weight is terribly off balanced compared to the real thing and with an AEG the reloading won't be the same. A GBB is only marginally better in terms of weight.

Your best bet is to get an AK because you like them. That way by the time you get into training you won't have any bad habits from using an AEG L85 and you won't have to unlearn anything like not releasing the bolt after changing mags etc.

TLDR; using an AEG L85 will gain you very little advantage, if any, and may even lead to bad habits, reloading, handling etc.

Yeah I know mate I think they just look nice, ill have a look around now I've got it narrowed down a bit so thanks for all the help guys I only joined this forum a couple days ago

Thanks really appreciate it, didn't know there was even forums like this till a few days ago

Well I just crawled out of bed.... <_< I would always recomend someone gets a gun that is easily upgradeable and easy to work on becuse it will make your life easyer when something breaks, becuse it will. Stick with a

standard V2 or V3 gearbox.

And welcome to the Forums :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.