are bbs meant to have holes in them

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I saw frizzles post on bull$hit ammo, but I have bought these excel bbs. They were pretty much perfect on the outside except for a small line going right through the middle (I presume when they put the two halves together or whatever). Anyway, I was shooting at this chair with holes in it, and I realised they were splitting in half. I pick 5 up that I can find, and they all have perfect spherical bubble holes in the middle. Is this meant to be? I will try and upload some pics, can't get my camera to focus atm.

It was probably for ease of construction, Either way it isn't a good feature.

If BBs are breaking on impact, that poses a threat to mesh-mask users.

Air bubbles in BBs are generally not a good thing. If the bubble is uneven and inconsistent between BB to BB you can have inconsistent performance since the weight distribution of the BB is uneven so the backspin produced by the hop up can also be uneven.

Cheaper ammo often has lots of air bubbles. Excel is a cheap brand,in Japan they cost very little,but on a bang for buck scale they are decent,3700 BBs for 6-7 pounds is fairly good,don;t expect them to outperform all the other brands because muh japan,but they are good.

It was probably for ease of construction, Either way it isn't a good feature.

If BBs are breaking on impact, that poses a threat to mesh-mask users.

It was just because this chair had sharp edges, I was shooting at brick walls etc they would just bounce off at 200mph lol.

and to reply to jimmy, yeah was wondering because they seemed fine

• Supporters

Normally cheap nasty 0.12g's have a very visable join in them making them untrue spheres

this can jam guns especially decent guns with a decent tight-ish barrel

use crap bb's and they can jam on even non-tight barrels

these bb's are for spring pinkers with massive crappy bore barrels

The bubbles - I think it must be a bad batch or bad supplier people may have bought from

Saw the Bull$hit post with bubbles and not seen bubbles myself in my tubs of white & black

so maybe Bull$hit stopped buying them from a supplier and sourced elsewhere

There was a recent version or gen 3 lot of bb's they were starting to sell around Easter

so maybe BullDog moved onto another supplier ????

And maybe another company or two bought from the Aero BB supplier

if they kind of work then carry on with caution but if you get lots of jimmy's - dribbling out

or more than just the odd jam then STOP USING THESE COZ THEY WILL MESS UP YOUR GUN

• Supporters

Most brands of BBs have bubbles. If it is in the middle then they are accurate, like Madbull. Bad quality BBs have bubbles in them randomly. Usually bio BBs and really high grade BBs (like SGM 0.29) don't have any bubbles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.