Importing a pistol slide into the UK

microbug

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm 14 and my parents bought me a TM Hi-Capa clone recently. The top slide is metal, making it very heavy and inefficient with gas, so I want to buy a plastic one. I found this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sa-sai-plastic-slide-for-tm-hi-capa-bk.html#.U5wncJK9KSM

I don't want to pay ehobbyasia to spray paint the slide for me given that they are charging a silly amount for doing so. The slide itself is black, so I will buy some spray paint and paint it myself before putting it onto my gun. According to the VCRA all of this is technically legal, but I want to know whether anyone else here has had any problems importing airsoft parts? The VCRA only makes importing or causing the import of RIFs themselves illegal; not their component parts.

Thanks in advance!

they will probably check the parcel. After all, if they didn't and a real gun was in there/bomb then they would be in deep $hit. anyway, you will probably be ok.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.