lipo battery need help!!

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Image1_zpsd92b5963.jpg

this is my charger, and battery. FIrstly, what is that white small thing. there is a small hole that it fits into in the charger, is this a balancer? also what does S mean. E.G it says 2s on my charger. What does this mean, as I can change it. Finally, this battery is 2600mah and 25c and 16wh (no idea what that means). how many volts should i charge it to then?

The little white connector is the balance lead, that tells the charger what voltages the cells are at.

Before you even think of charging anything, read the manual which comes with the Turnigy charger, it's not perfect but will give you a good idea of what to do.

Then read this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187

You'll want to charge that battery at 2.6A, you could most likely charge it at more then that, but at that level it will last the longest (and be safer).

When it is finished charging it will be at 8.4v, if it is a 7.4v LiPO.

Oh and personally I always charge on the balance setting, it's a bit slower but if you're not in a rush it's the best way to do it.

• Supporters

RED & BLACK leads that go into XT60 and then back to crocadile leads - remove as you don't use them for your battery

your battery - charge lead is tiny white plug - be careful as pins are tiny in charger

your white lead - 3 tiny pins on 7.4v - goes into the white socket at side maybe ?

there is a 4 pin socket = 11.1v - ground + 3 x cells of 3.7v each = 11.1v volt

you got 7.4v - 2 cells of 3.7v = & gorund = 3 wires black, blue & red

first time use I would trickle charge it myself - say a 1amp charge for first charge

BUT as with all charging you should put it on say an old workbench - or kitchen worktop

AND KEEP AN EYE ON IT

You maybe should use a LiPo charger bag to reduce risk of heat or fire - bit ott but is there as a precaution

Batteries can get hot - some more than others but I tend to trickle charge them unless I am in hurry

NEVER put a battery on say your bed or carpet floor to be to charge - something a bit fireproof like a formica worktop - not bed or carpet

LiPo charge bag - well if you are gonna charge it and not keep a close eye on it

but then a watched pot never boils as the saying goes

Use common sense - don't put it on floor/bed and go out for evening

worktop bench and keep checking it on a regular basis

yeah I should use LiPo bag but I ain't got one so keep an eye on it is better in my book

You are correct, the small plug, which is for the balance part, does need plugging in. The 2S means it's recognised that your battery is 2 cell. I'll leave some one else explain what the 25c means - it's connected with how fast you can discharge the battery - there's normally two ratings, continuous and burst - the latter is normally higher. Effectively the total ampage of your battery divided by the C number is the amount of amps your motor has to take. I.e. 2600 mA battery which is 25C will put out 104 mA per burst.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.