My First Game

Yawns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I rolled up to the location. It was a generally large multi-activity site, And it was rather complex. We walk up to a building, enquire about the airsoft before being ushered into a dark tent next door.

Friendly place. Nice guy doing the ref-stuff.

First thing that hits me is many CM16 carbines all lined neatly in a row with a bag of 2000 Bio-BBs next to them.

Me, Jacob and George (Friends) sort out the payments, Get informed of site rules (No anomalies, Standard rules) Oddly, 90% were common-sense based. Odd.

We get suited & booted, No expense spared really, I was genuinly impressed when you have access to unlimited bottles of water (Not the cheap stuff, either) for no extra cost.

We stroll out of the tent, After being initiated, I became friends with a boy known as Chandler. Top Lad, Site regular, Became my 'Partner' for the night.

Oddly enough, We walk past a camp site full of 7-10 year olds, Rather alarming considering we all had RIFs and camo getabouts.

We enter the site, People take it in turns to test their gun. I place in my mag. Roll the wheel on the bottom, Flick of the safety and fire 3 shots down a long grass pathway. It is unbelievably satisfying. I'd waited years for this. It was 100% worth it.

We roll up to these tents and are assigned teams for the game. Attackers and Defenders, Defenders had to protect their medic in a small huddle of tents. To get medic'd you'd have to run into an empty tent and wait for the medic to cross, Hence adding a sense of risk for the medic. It was a no-win game for the defenders, The Medic would die and it was a waiting game to find out when. Me, Chandler and a guy in a blue hoodie roll into one tent with two windows. I take right side, Watching across to the left flank, Chandler doing the opposite. Blue hoodie man is ducking in and out of a gap in the right edge, Considerably effective.

I had 3 deaths, And 'kills' that round. The reason I'm so vague is that I never saw people throw their hand up and go 'HIT' but I saw BBs flying at a deadly rate towards people, and after I'd get enemies patting me on the back saying 'Nice shots man' etc.

Second game I despised, Purely because it didn't fit my playstyle.

It was in an open field with a 'fort' of tyres in the middle. inside there were plastic cannisters painted gold, these were ingeniusly reffered to as 'Golds' The team who got in and collected the most at the end of the game won. You could only pick up one at a time mind you.

First game was shambolic. I get shot down, only just get 1 gold and thats it, opposition win. Next game, Me and chandler leave our guns at respawn and sprint to get golds. I take most of the shots, Allowing him to swoop in and grab one for the team. I walk back to respawn and grab my gun. Queue ten minutes of being hit and 0 kills before them losing on the basis that they didn't put the golds in the right place, So ref declares us winners by default.

The next game was AMAZING...

We had to push up through dense woodland to capture and control a point for 5 minutes, before pushing back into the enemy spawn to finish the game, Controlling the point was great. Call me a Codsofter but I was to cool shooting out of a tower whilst people ran in to take the point. the five minutes ended and we rushed, It was the best most dramatic moment in the game. We reach a hill and look down to see many people in tin huts below, We peak from cover and gain a fair few hits, Whilst hearing metal clinking at BBs bounced of the chicken wire. We slide down the hill and its CQB, Guns on Semi. Ref calls 'You can't shoot over the top of the huts' I thought this encouraged smart corner gameplay, I crouch to listen for enemies, Before seeing a gun-barrel waving underneath the corrigated-metal, I get full-auto'd to the leg from about a metre away. as I limped back to respawn I heard ref call game over, win for the attackers. It's important to add I did get kills that game, Just nothing special, Just emptying mags into a hut below. Damn cool though.

Luckily my wound wasn't bleeding, Just multiple blood red circles all down my knee, I'm not complaining though, I just looked abit stupid in PE today.

Next game, We started in the huts, And we had to push out. It was horrible whilst adrenaline-pumping at the same time. Remember the hill from earlier? we were now pushing up it, People spraying covering fire whilst we scramble up, Taking the fight to them. This was when I had my first confirmed kill. Not one, But two, And it was bloody worth it.

I was far ahead of my teammates, I was sat behind a bush, winding my mag while my team fell back. I see a guy peaking a corner in the CQB point that we contested earlier, The same guy from earlier aswell. So I click it up to full auto. Lean out and land 5 BBs into his chest, And send him off to respawn with a cheeky wink. Then I rush round the corner and tap fire the next guy who was in a bush about twenty metres back.

Game ends, We won.

Summary? Great night, Great games, Great people.

I like airsoft. I like this forum.

Expect to see me round.

-Reece ;)

PS: It's my brithday today. got a nice sum of money to start airsoft, Because at my site you can rent at no additional cost, I'm tempted to get a pistol as my first gun, Thoughts? This with This Mag ? I'm not sure if the cross-company thing would work. Fill me in :)

Rent at no extra cost? That's brilliant. I suppose if you already have a primary then a pistol would be good, but then again it's probably still more useful to have extra mags and things rather than a whole new gun as tempting as it is.

Gen 4 WE Glocks are pretty good from what I've heard, better than older versions. TM magazines are the best you can get as they're the most reliable, so I would definitely recommend them. I doubt they'll be getting them back in at £33 though, considering WE's long mags are £40.

On the other hand somebody was selling a WE Glock extended magazine for £25 IIRC, although it could be Dumbass and he's now selling that along with the pistol itself.

I might be getting a WE Glock 17 or 18 myself but need to wait for my GCSE results until I can get some money and I'm looking for jobs tommorow so fingers crossed there are some.

The amount of ammo a small mag holds is half that of the large mag AFAIK, and same goes for price. I'd rather just not have to reload in the middle :)

• Supporters

the TM mag will fit in the WE gun, but might not work as well as it should. Get a WE mag and a WE pistol or a TM mag and a TM pistol if you can. WE magazines have high-fow valves as standard to overcome the extra weight of the pot metal slide, TM pistols have a much lighter ABS slide and so don't need the extra oomph provided by the high-flow valve.

Its an under 18 game simon, Special Ops HQ near Milton Keynes, £10 to rent and play first time, £45 a month for 3 games (rent fees included)

why do you want a 50 round pistol mag? it'll just get in the way.

I'll start with a normal mag that is shipped with the gun. Its just one less reload really.

Those 50 rd mags sound like a cracking plan, but they are not in reality, I rarely use mine.

You need three arms to fill 50 rounds, one to hold the spring down, one to hold the mag and one to hold the loader, they are long and very heavy and almost 9 inches long.

Do you really need 75 pistol shots in a woodland game? In an indoor CQB they can be good, but for most games you will just be luging it about all day.

Pick up a second 25 round mag if you need an extra one, changing mags with a pistol is half the fun.

Those 50 rd mags sound like a cracking plan, but they are not in reality, I rarely use mine.

You need three arms to fill 50 rounds, one to hold the spring down, one to hold the mag and one to hold the loader, they are long and very heavy and almost 9 inches long.

Do you really need 75 pistol shots in a woodland game? In an indoor CQB they can be good, but for most games you will just be luging it about all day.

Pick up a second 25 round mag if you need an extra one, changing mags with a pistol is half the fun.

Yeah, I understand.

Would This Mag cut it?

If not, Link me to a mag that would be compatible on either ZeroOne or ProAirsoftSupplies.

Thanks in advance

If you are settled on a WE glock, then patrol base have the WE mags in stock http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-co2-pistol-magazines/we-g-series-glock-17-magazine.htm#.U5x9zfldV8E

I have a Tokyo Marui glock, slightly more expensive, and a plastic slide, but mags will always be available as they are distributed by fire support who are considerably more reliable than WE europe.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-g17-g17-gbb-pistol

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-g18c-semi--auto-gbb-pistol

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-gbb-magazine-g17g18cg26-advanced-25-rnd

£150 delivered for the g17 and a second mag.

The full auto on the 18c is a fun feature but it is unusable for skirmish, zero accuracy and will empty a mag in a few seconds.

If you are settled on a WE glock, then patrol base have the WE mags in stock http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-co2-pistol-magazines/we-g-series-glock-17-magazine.htm#.U5x9zfldV8E

I have a Tokyo Marui glock, slightly more expensive, and a plastic slide, but mags will always be available as they are distributed by fire support who are considerably more reliable than WE europe.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-g17-g17-gbb-pistol

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-g18c-semi--auto-gbb-pistol

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-gbb-magazine-g17g18cg26-advanced-25-rnd

£150 delivered for the g17 and a second mag.

The full auto on the 18c is a fun feature but it is unusable for skirmish, zero accuracy and will empty a mag in a few seconds.

Damn, that TM 18c looks nice, The 17 is pretty sweet too.

depends if you recommend the TMs over the WE, my heart is only set on it B/c of the price, But I just picked up £300 for my birthday on friday and Won't be buying an AEG so who knows :)

Why buy a pistol when you should buy an AEG first?

Jesus Christ.

This.

Though I don't want to derail the thread into a "why not to buy a pistol yet" debate.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your first game mate. Might have missed you mention it but which site was that? :)

Edit: Never mind. You did mention it haha

Why buy a pistol when you should buy an AEG first?

Jesus Christ.

At the site you can rent for free. They use G&G CM16 Carbines, Which is what I would get anyway.

I'm paying £100 for a gun I'd have to maintain and sort out everything for, Where I can buy a pistol an actually have an edge on my opponents.

At the site you can rent for free. They use G&G CM16 Carbines, Which is what I would get anyway.

I'm paying £100 for a gun I'd have to maintain and sort out everything for, Where I can buy a pistol an actually have an edge on my opponents.

You'd have to do that for a pistol anyway- and what happens if the site you've just been to closes or you go to a different site to try it out? You'd be left with a pistol and you'd be £35 poorer because you'd have to rent. In 4 games of £35 rent fee on top you'd spend more than the price of a new CM16

You'd have to do that for a pistol anyway- and what happens if the site you've just been to closes or you go to a different site to try it out? You'd be left with a pistol and you'd be £35 poorer because you'd have to rent. In 4 games of £35 rent fee on top you'd spend more than the price of a new CM16

Well, If I did buy an AEG, It would be an AK. Seens as I just brought a balaclava etc.

I've heard Cyma are good, but G&G do a Combat Machine AK,

Which would be better, And, What about two-tone?

Well, If I did buy an AEG, It would be an AK. Seens as I just brought a balaclava etc.

Cyma aks are good but need a spring downgrade to be legal at most sites since they shoot at 370 out of the box.

G&G do an AK that's okay, but the cyma is a lot more solid. Here's the G&G:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=5646

If I put an m90 in one from zero one, would that cut it?

Also, for every person who I invite to my site, I get £25 worth of stuff. 4 people and I get a cm16 carbine. A second hand one at that

thats pretty impressive. I would pay the whole school (800 people) £10 each and still make 15 quid per person, thus making £12000 lol. Anyways, if you can stretch your budget or wait a little longer take a look at the G&G RK103 evo, sexiest gun imo

If you go with a family member to an O18 game and rent for a few skirmishes, then they could qualify for a UKARA defence and be able to buy you a RiF. Otherwise you could play there and get a junior membership (If they offer one?). Once you get a junior membership I think it works in the way that you can buy a RIF with your own funds if a parent or over 18 carer is present.

Cyma models over CM.048 are the best as they are 99% steel, but require a downgrade OOB as they shoot a little hot, as well as maybe some gearbox TLC. G&G RK47s are supposed to be epic as well, Ed has one and he loves it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.