JG AU-4G: Is it worth buying?

JD8825

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get my first AEG and I wanted to get something different, seeing as everyone has M4 platforms (nothing wrong with that by the way), so I was looking at a bullpup rifle. The one I really want is an L85 A2 however they are really expensive at this time. So I stumbled onto this AUG by JG which has a rail system built into the gun which makes it great for optics and accessories.

So I wanted to get some opinions on this and see if it is worth buying or not.

Many thanks in advance,

JD8825

P.S. I was thinking of getting this gun from TaiwanGun.com as well. Are they good to buy from or should I stay clear?

You may need to put a little work into it to get the best out of it, such as reshimming the gears and relubricating, plus the mainspring may well need downgrading before you can skirmish with it. Generally I've found JG guns fairly reliable if maintained properly.

Dont forget to make sure your UKARA number gets put on the address label if ordering from Asia as otherwise it will prob never get past UK Customs. Also you'll be billed for 20% VAT and handling charges which put the price up quite a bit. You could try ASG (Action Sport Games) in UK, I'm pretty sure they do the same gun but with a warranty for around £145 and without hassle of ordering abroad.

TaiwanGun isn't actually in Asia, it's Polish. So you won't be charged VAT or import tax AFAIK. I would have them put your UKARA number on the box though! If you want you could contact them and ask them to do it before you order but you can also write it in the business line of your address so it should be on the package already.

be warned aug pars are hard to get, particularly that beggin trigger assembly. and its not the best designed airsoft gun. its still a beaut and feels comfortable, but yea will need work...

TaiwanGun isn't actually in Asia, it's Polish. So you won't be charged VAT or import tax AFAIK. I would have them put your UKARA number on the box though! If you want you could contact them and ask them to do it before you order but you can also write it in the business line of your address so it should be on the package already.

D'OH! So , Taiwan Gun are Polish company, and Specna Arms are manufactured in Asia, confusing lol! Well OK I know virtually all of it is made in Asia but hey!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.