Other Hobbies

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wanted to go to the Army cadets as I want to join the Army, but the one nearest is in doubt of staying. So Air cadets here I come!!!!

Wanted to be a pilot but my eyesight crap so that idea went to buggery!

Good choice in the end :) are you in the South East or further afield? The Air Cadets (at least my wing) does plenty of field craft/shooting anyway so there is not much you miss out on but the ACF definitely does not fly regularly :)

according to an ACF instructor 40% of their kids are referred to them by the police.

I don't think that figure's valid at all, I've met more teenage crooks and offenders outside of cadets than I have within....cadets who commit offences during their time tend to be chucked out as well and lots who have a criminal record aren't allowed in as we are effectively handed £300 worth of MTP kit when we join, as well as webbing and bergens being issued...

I'm sensing a lot of Air Cadet biased snobbery in this thread, and it's not fair to the largely unrepresented ACF....

Back on topic, I used to do a lot of Warhammer 40K model making (I collected Space Marines and painted them in Dark Angels colours) and I dabble in video gaming as well. I mainly play Team Fortress 2, Insurgency and Red Orchestra :)

Good choice in the end :) are you in the South East or further afield? The Air Cadets (at least my wing) does plenty of field craft/shooting anyway so there is not much you miss out on but the ACF definitely does not fly regularly :)

I'm in Somerset, South west. Going to squadron 1955 city of Wells.

Battlefield four ps3 has the best multiplayer!!!!!!!!!!

Backing up tac master, the Army cadets are NOT all bel lends at all. I've met the ones from the local one, sure a few are bell ends but, the others are really nice, and if they do go to the front then good luck to them. Good luck to all the Armed forces.

Tac, it might have been specific to that region.

Ex army cadet (and proud) also ex army (royal engineer vehicle fitter and even more proud). Currently play paintball (let the flaming begin) and bf4 on ps3. Other then work and waiting for bambino that's my life!

How dull :\

Scrumpy!!!!!! a Fellow Ex Sapper!!!! what Reg?

Flying? That sounds awesome. If I ever won the lottery then I'd immediately get myself onto some flight training course or other, private pilot license would be awesome. Always wanted a go in a helicopter as well, I used to fly a lot of RC planes with my dad, tried the helis and they're a right bitch. I'd bet money on real helis being a sh*t ton easier to control.

Still learning, on my 4th hr and done all the exams except for Radio telephony. It's actually relatively easy, kind of like driving a car in 3 dimensions with talking being used instead of traffic lights. Helicopter piloting is a b**** under a thousand feet (dependant on obstacles), over that and it's relatively plain sailing.

Used to be an air cadet and loved flying in the Grobs, currently learning in a PA28 and hoping to grab a rating to fly the piper Seneca's. In my experience of cadet forces it really depends on the higher echelons, my first and 3rd CO (in the cadets) were total b******* and did effectively nothing other than drill and model-making, 2nd guy was awesome though, lots of flying, exercises with the army cadets, sun'n'fun, etcetera.

PA28

http://pooleysfis.com/en/images/pfis2/b/ba/PFIS-content640-pa28-archer-ext-flying.jpg

Piper Seneca

http://www.shorelineaviation.net/Portals/17518/Gallery/Album/1634/Piper%20Seneca%20V_13.png

Me and my boys are all rc hobbyists, I build them and they break them lol

I mainly deal with rc boats (military and civilian) I do exhibitions, events and competitions

For speed, we have several fast cars modified by me and for slower days, we have 2 rock crawlers, scale car with scale caravan and a 6x6 military tatra truck built by me

Nitro's a waste these days as battery's and motors are out doing nitro engines

I spent 6 hours on a lake with fast electric boats screaming around while 2 blokes had nitro boats and 5 tool boxes between them, 1 bloke got his started after an hour, put it on the water and it died, they came from Bristol and gave up

Petrol engines are better as they're not affected by conditions as much as nitro engines are

I have a savage X I bought of a mate of mine, took the engine out, sold it and bought a brushless motor for it, I just turn up, connect the battery and off I go :)

• Supporters

Me and my dad used to do a lot of RC flying, he would generally build them and I'd fly them. To him it was like big Airfix and to me it was like a Playstation game.

Coolest thing we had was an electric motorised A10, I think it was something like 1:32 scale, wingspan was a good 1.2m or so.

But recently there were some regulation changes at the club we were a part of and they just made it a pain in the arse to be a part of anymore, silly license type restrictions for the field we used to fly at, you had to take a test to prove you could fly and knew what you were doing, it was just a load of bullshit.

Not really done much regarding it in the last 5 or 6 years, so it's just as well I discovered airsoft to fill the void.

I haven't flown an rc plane for years and I'll do a refresher course at some time

Other hobbies? Well, lets see..

Building stuff on 3DS Max, Photoshop (concept art), working on my car, was an avid animator a few years ago, RC flying, airsoft...

I've got too many hobbies, lol.

Did I hear (well read but you know what I mean...) RC flying!!!!

:D:wub: :wub: :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.