Other Hobbies

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ugh... hobbies... the bane of my life! 😁

Mine:

• Martial arts: have black belts in karate and kung fu. Used to teach.
  • Cycling: combined with the above, helps to keep the pies and pints off my waistline (a bit...).
  • Music: bass playing and mixing/production (a whole other world of gear acquisition!).
  • Gaming: Xbox FPS nerd.
  • Airsoft: getting back into it after a few years off (preparing myself to be skint).

That and professional zoo-keeper to two young boys. Mostly feeding and mucking out.

Life is way too short for all this stuff.

3 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Life is way too short for all this stuff.

Ain't that the truth. Balancing a relationship and social life with self employed work and about 10 hobbies is like trying to make 300hrs of stuff fit into a 168hr week. 

Sadly don't get much time at the moment for hobbies other than a bit of xbox and occasional airsoft.

Would like to do some track days next year with the mrs.

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to the coastal walking I am also a bass player and have been for almost 17 years. I like to play all sorts of genres though mostly Punk Rock and Hardcore. As technical as possible. 

13243832_10154063605185560_535156408960641580_o.thumb.jpg.187e7f920efe851409d3c89b7869500f.jpg

Link to my last band here. https://shipsdown.bandcamp.com/releases

No Refuge has one of my bass solos in it starting from 1:11 :) Unfortunately I have been without a band for over a year now. Looking less and less likely at the age of 34 to be play originals in a genre I actually want to play though. Ageism is rife! 

• 1 month later...

Track driving and drifting are one of my other hobbies

056B4BB2-03F0-4B41-9BDB-BC3B8CFE3950.thumb.jpeg.84cf00f66d547001e49b7ccae57d81d8.jpeg

that car was a 328i which had a lot of money spent on it.

1761262B-723B-4954-86B6-3F9E3822397F.thumb.jpeg.347af26bf8fa0c75c40c5e6760584097.jpeg

I’m in the process of building an E46 for track days, will be popping in a 3.0 from a 330ci and trying to do some laps at brands and a few ring trips.

The other thing to keep me busy is my horses, I used to compete a lot with them and did county level show jumping however not much in the way of competition anymore.

C4797B39-682D-48B9-84E2-2BB73B86157F.thumb.jpeg.f6621b533fd725a308b67ea2f97332ab.jpeg

55 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Man.  Airsoft, cars and horses.  Your wallet must live in constant fear ha.

😂 it definitely does, however the cars aren’t too bad as I’m a mechanic so tools and space I already have. 

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm. Loads.

Daughter, partner, and ex-wife all have horses, so by default that’s my second hobby.

For me, I have a section 2 licence for clays. I collect and use pocket knives, particularly friction folders, interesting watches and broken mechanical things

And live music

🙃

On 15/12/2019 at 07:44, rocketdogbert said:

Hmmmm. Loads.

Daughter, partner, and ex-wife all have horses, so by default that’s my second hobby.

For me, I have a section 2 licence for clays. I collect and use pocket knives, particularly friction folders, interesting watches and broken mechanical things

And live music

🙃

Aside from collecting the knives, do you carry one for utility purposes at all?  If so, are you able to recommend a reasonably priced everyday carry folding knife

10 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

Aside from collecting the knives, do you carry one for utility purposes at all?  If so, are you able to recommend a reasonably priced everyday carry folding knife

Your best bet is to look at hennie.com under UK legal carry.

These are my two EDC’s, a standard SAK and a William Morris friction folder

F6FC0FC7-479A-470E-AAE6-49379B0A9606.jpeg.259072d7a552ff4cb69749aede37a3ba.jpeg

And these are my three farm carries, two tough but cheap Böker fixed blades, and a micro blade from a custom maker whose names escapes me at the moment

2C66BECF-B528-449D-8C43-F626A5B8041E.jpeg.b05f5568644fdc91110156e71e7d5c78.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have several most in several states of negligence...

woodwork- made several fantasy style shields mostly based of game of thrones. also make some furniture and bits ofr my house

miniatures- mostly warhammer 40k had a few armys...

archery as i had to learn it for a job though its rare i do it.

roleplay writing and moderating my own rp group of like 100 members(prob like 10 who are properly active)

anything artsy i look at and am trying to figure out how to combine/ figure out a company. 

worked on game of thrones over the years and it made all of the above worse.

working on slowly setting up a company to make and sell some in my limited free time that my wife dosent consume... 

I like to draw and paint. I used to have others till I had kids. I still get out on my skateboard but only to get about nowerdays, still nice though.

IMG_7228_(2).jpg

IMG_7242.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Cross stich,crochet,appliqué and underwater basket weaving are my bag.

Haha,no I made the last one up.

But I can spend quite a few hours of a Sunday evening watching antiques roadshow while knocking out some lace doillies.Its very relaxing and keeps my fingers nimble.

Regards 

37 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I enjoy long walks in the country, picking flowers, reading the romantic greats, musical theatre, wine tasting and putting my keys in a bowl 😂

Haha. Scrub the last one. Your a dad now. Those days are gone!! ☹

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.