Other Hobbies

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Only time I flew an rc helicopter, it crashed into a tree :)

I bought the same helicopter for spares, sold both together on eBay and doubled what I'd spent

Also sold 7 of my scratch built rc boats on ebay and made about £600 on the lot :)

Lot's of aviation-related interests on here it seems. Add me to the list too; got my pilot's licence back in 1997, but I much prefer flying gliders to powered aircraft, since they are generally stressed for aerobatics and keeping the thing up there is very much about your skill in flying well and finding the right air mass, learning to fly a Cessna spam can was an itch I had to scratch, but having done so I found it less interesting and more constraining than the freedom of flying a glider, not to mention the fact that flying glides is sh**loads cheaper as well. Got a couple of model aircraft too (P-51 Mustang being my favourite one) but don't get out and fly those much. Flying is just one of many hobbies I have though, I do all sorts of stuff: building models, got a big US-themed model railroad in my attic which is my 'winter hobby', making movies, gigging with guitar and vocals (got away too many guitars, play a few other instruments too), dabble in a bit of martial arts, all kinds of things really.

Thought I'd jump into this...

I have several other hobbies... a couple of them are related to my normal work (just can't keep away from it).

Not quite a hobby but I keep lizards - crested geckos to be specific... currently have 7 of them - 2 males, 4 females and 1 male who thinks he's a female (don't ask!)

Going to Cadets this Monday!!!!!!!

YYEEESSSSSSS

:D :D :D :D

What regiment have you joined (or is your avatar a big clue)

Just bought a two ring burner.

Guess you could say thats a little hobby ??

I'll get my coat

Haha you just need all the other equipment to go with it now

One of my other hobbies, fixing up the bus.

Incredibly awkward to work on, engine is right underneath the drivers seat so you have a limited work space.

toyota_estima_lucida_3545800.jpg

Got it for free so I can't really complain. :P

I take it not all the cars there are your??

Knife collecting! :D ..I guess..

anyway.. here's my Spydercos, all but one:

(huh.. majority of the ones in the pic is legal to carry in England)

Nice knives.....I love the look of Spyderco knives but I never got on with using my Dad's. I keep a Mora 860MG sheath knife and a Gerber pocket folder.

American classics for me, undrivable on british roads but I still want one.

Theres a guy who lives next my grandad n nan in Warickshire who collects old cars, he has a yellow mustang and a really old black one which :wub: he restores them I think.

Nice knives.....I love the look of Spyderco knives but I never got on with using my Dad's. I keep a Mora 860MG sheath knife and a Gerber pocket folder.

I'm Swedish, I used Mora since I could stand on two feet lol, more for forests thou - not very comfy or classy to wear with suit^^ had a few gerbers... not my taste. Spyderco makes such a variation of knives, which one does your father own?

honestly thou, I hated the look of Spydies when I first saw them, but they grew onto me. I know I am not the only one ^^

Spyderco makes such a variation of knives, which one does your father own?

I think he has a Centofante 3- I always find the handle uncomfortable when I use it, it's worse for me than my Gerber STL 2.5 and much worse than my Mora. I'm sure some find them more comfy though

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.