Any Aug owners out there? Advice on barrel swap

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All Mannlichers,

I've been modding my A2 for some time (my first rifle and still going strong) but what I really need now (not a H-Bar) is to have an interchangeable barrel which, depending on the scenario, I can define the rifle best for the environment.

So in short, I'm looking to turn this:

post-9578-0-99215800-1402477548_thumb.jpg

Into this (shorty):

SP015P-1%20(3)-190x190.JPG

So I'm trying to decide whether to build or buy - as it's only the barrel I need, it's pointless getting a whole rifle just for the barrel, but the only way to do this cost effectively would be to get a 2-tone and ditch the rest.

The alternative is to mod a spare barrel and hop-up I have, and "work" them into this:

post-9578-0-80054800-1402477907_thumb.jpg

It'd look pretty custom, and would just need machining the plate and tubes that hold the barrel in position (so may cost around the same as to buy a spare barrel).

Anyone got any thoughts or innovations they can provide me?

Thanks in advance,

Spanner Out

ive seen a few turn up on ebay relatively cheaply and regret not getting them. thats all i can tell ya as aug parts dont come up often....(if you fine uk stuff please link!)

^This.

Aug parts are few and far between. I'd personally try and find a springer with the look you like and salvage it off that if at all possible like you suggested.

Unless you're confident enough with getting it machined of course.

today you may well be lucky...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-AUG-CQB-adapters-/201105307885?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item2ed2cf78ed

infact thers a fair few bits under aug airsoft today for once. wasnt even aware anyone made a quick change aug gearbox...

Thanks for this - went to my local supplier http://www.ukfishingandcamping.com/gun-shop.html and asked him the same question and he gave me a "come to daddy" style gesture - he's an ASG wholesaler so can get pretty much any spare for any of their kit, including officially licensed AEG's - plus he'd service and upgrade it for £14 an hour (!?!?) and only charge me the standard price for spares/inner barrels etc!

So looks like it'll be worth pursuing through him, and if it turns out truth and not guff, I'll post more details here (won't be bidding on the short barrel as it doesn't have the locking plate, but extreme thanks and kudos to remus for looking for it - thanks and happy bidding to the winners!)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.