XDM .40 Pistol Upgrade

Ob1238

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's Tokyo Marui, using green gas

You don't want to be using TM pistols on green gas in hot weather, the slide is plastic (unless you bought a replacement metal one?) and will probably break if you use it with GG in hot weather

• Supporters

Not true.

I have used my XDM in hot weather quite happily on Abbey Brut gas, would do the same again this year with WE high power gas if I hadn't found my MK23.

SOME TM pistols break if you use propane or something similar, but in our climate it just isn't that much of a problem.

• Supporters

I gave mine more power by using Propane on green gas it's only doing 285Fps but run it on propane it's doing 315Fps, plus I have upgraded the recoil system and have a Ra-Tech outer barrel on

+1 propane for more power. thou it's a TM so it will probably break.

doubt upgrading the barrel will do anything for more power. unless maybe making the barrel longer with a mock silencer?`

possibly you could file/polish some of the holes letting the gas thru? nothing I would try thou.... why do you want it more powerful?

No point making it shoot hotter for a pistol. You should look to make it more accurate. For a TM with out a metal slide using Greengas/Propane its going to break. if you have not already upgrade the slide to a metal one. get tightbore barrel 6.01. Get a high-flow valve for the magazine.

Remember the more powerfull the gun. The more force on all the components, which means that stuff is going to break sooner and if you upgrade one part you may need to upgrade another to stop them from breaking. also more maintenance is needed. ( Disclaimer over...)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.