Soft Mask

Maff-7777

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My current lower face mask is the standard mesh type, which is great for protect but I find makes getting a good cheap weld a little hard.

Does anyone know of or use a soft lower face mask? If so do they still protect your teeth?

I've seen one or two but they look more fetish get-up then Airsoft protection.

M.

I've thought about that. But I can't go to work the next day to a client meeting looking like I've been attacked by bees.

M

I've heard bad things about those neoprene lower face masks, supposedly they do jack shit to protect your teeth.

Loads of people swear by shemagh so that may be a better option, not tried it myself though as they seem like a pain compared to ye olde standard mesh mask.

That's a shame about the neoprene ones. Bugger.

Looks like I'm going to have to stick with the mesh one until someone designs a mask with neoprene cheaks and mesh mouth area.

M.

Just get a decent gumshield, won't stop you getting welts on your face but it will protect your teeth.

great, when I say wear a gum shield, everyone goes "HOW THE FUDGE DO WE COMMUNICTAE EH? EH? EH? EEEHHHHH????????????????!!!"

When someone else says it, they go "Hmm, valid point."

I call racism.

great, when I say wear a gum shield, everyone goes "HOW THE FUDGE DO WE COMMUNICTAE EH? EH? EH? EEEHHHHH????????????????!!!"

When someone else says it, they go "Hmm, valid point."

I call racism.

So LOLzCat teens are classing themselves as a race now?

You need to modify your mesh mask. You can pull off the elastic out area and you'll find its just glued onto the mesh. You can then cut it to fit your goggles face better and bend the hell out of it until its nice and snug on your face and doesn't get in the way of the rifle butt so much. I personally found a big improvement after I modified mine and I highly recommend others do so as well. All I really needed was some glue (I used a hot glue gun which was perfect but about £8 including sticks) and some wire cutters (I used my dremel most of the time). My cheek weld is much improved now pushing on my mask doesn't result in my glasses being pushed out of the way.

your problem is cheek to stock yes? why not cut the offending area of the mask off, and replace by stitching a area of neoprene on(for example) to reduce potential damage in that area. whilst still being comfortable to lean against the gun. course this was too much hassel for me so i just bought a raiser for my sight...

I'm going to cut my mesh half face mask before my next skirmish in about a month so I can wear it with my goggles. I know I saw a video of a guy who was doing it for his son, but I have no idea what it is called / what to search for so I could find it again.

My friend used to use neoprene and it seemed to protect your face and teeth perfectly fine. If he got shot in the face he could feel it, but it never left any marks on his face. Although, when it's hot or you're getting hot, your face will boil in those things and I've heard it makes goggles very prone to fogging,

Was in my local sites shop today and noticed they had something which might be what you're after. Not sure if it's the same model but it was very similar to this: http://www.helmetworld.co.uk/airsoft-black-mask-neoprene-hard-foam-ghost-recon-half-face-aeg-uk-delivery-29408-p.asp

There's a cordura mask as well, not sure how good protection would be though. http://www.helmetworld.co.uk/airsoft-aor2-camo-woodland-digital-cordura-half-face-mask-aeg-uk-delivery-30013-p.asp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.