Interesting BB development

Dan_W

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

They sound pretty impressive. If it is true that it is the third hardest substance on earth then it is pretty cool people are using it for our humble little hobby :)

hmm so diamond BB's are harder and probably cheaper...

haha XD

"Reusable" - good luck finding them, or indeed identify them in a skirmish!

btw is this not the company that did a box with 10 individually packed BBs or something like that?

lolwutm8, I'd be very interested to see testing in comparison to 'regular' sniper weight bb's, bet the difference will be minimal at best.

Got to love the claim that they're re-usable, imagining all these snipers rummaging around in the dirt looking for their precious bb's which probably have a higher price/weight then gold...

(edit: I take it back, 0.66g of gold is about £17, but still :P)

• Supporters

By reusable they are probably referring to those people using them for accuracy competitions not in actual games.

lolwutm8, I'd be very interested to see testing in comparison to 'regular' sniper weight bb's, bet the difference will be minimal at best.

Got to love the claim that they're re-usable, imagining all these snipers rummaging around in the dirt looking for their precious bb's which probably have a higher price/weight then gold...

(edit: I take it back, 0.66g of gold is about £17, but still :P)

yeah. The only point I can see of using this is with a target and a catcher behind it.

• Supporters

yeah, I can actually see a use for these in a way, while the weight is a bit daft since they're all completely identical you can use them as a really good benchmark BB if you're fettling a bolt action gun to be as accurate as possible. Removing the possibility of 'duff BB flier' from the thought process allows you to concentrate on the real problems that a gun may have.

They sound pretty impressive. If it is true that it is the third hardest substance on earth then it is pretty cool people are using it for our humble little hobby :)

Well, Diamond is the third hardest known substance.

Wurtzite boron nitride being the hardest and Lonsdaleite being the second

If your a sniper how many rounds do you really fire in a game? 20 or 30 isn't unreasonable considering how few rounds you really ought to be firing at people. There is a decent chance these aren't prohibitively expensive for an actual sniper weapon and role.

Still I think this is more in the realms of competition shooting and not skirmish as the price is quite steep but its also not something your going to use in an AEG. I would like to see an accuracy comparison.

If your a sniper how many rounds do you really fire in a game? 20 or 30 isn't unreasonable considering how few rounds you really ought to be firing at people. There is a decent chance these aren't prohibitively expensive for an actual sniper weapon and role.

Still I think this is more in the realms of competition shooting and not skirmish as the price is quite steep but its also not something your going to use in an AEG. I would like to see an accuracy comparison.

I can't see competiton shooting with airsoft rifles.

If we can't use metal bb's, why should we be able to use these?

I think this is more of a concept idea to see what they can do, or for plinkers only.

I'm waiting for the silly YouTube comparison videos to come up where there are usually more tham one variable. :rolleyes:

Probably catering to the airsoft sniping competitions going on in Hong Kong,Nippon,Taiwan and such,like Mack said. These are definitely not made for skirmishing. But perfect for precision sniping competitions as you can remove any variable from bad ammo to get the best gun possible and thus only be worried about one variable- Your shooting skill.

Another option is to use 6mm ceramic ball bearings or even steel ball bearing but those are in the .80 or so region(But ceramics are about .6 something),so .66 is a good enough weight. The price is big but being CNC machined and reusable it sounds like a good option for someone seriously into precision sniping comps,being even more precise than using ceramic ball bearings.

yeah, I can actually see a use for these in a way, while the weight is a bit daft since they're all completely identical you can use them as a really good benchmark BB if you're fettling a bolt action gun to be as accurate as possible. Removing the possibility of 'duff BB flier' from the thought process allows you to concentrate on the real problems that a gun may have.

fair point.. but is .66g a common bb weight?

Am I the only one who thinks its a piss take? or are these for real?

was thinking this myself... especially as they seem to be out of stock. would be a great thing to have listed on ones homepage to get traffic from curious airsofters

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.