E3 2014

DX115FALCON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thoughts so far (EA and Microsoft press conferences are over, Ubisoft starts in just under 30 minutes)

I think that MS have done a good job making the Xbox One seem more like a gaming system than last year's show. AC5 looks very promissing, Halo 1-4 getting HD remakes on XBone. Our "favorite" series Call Of Duty actually looks quite good this year. EA showed off a quick in-engine preview of Battlfront 3. Battlefield Hardline BETA launches on PC later on today (sign up at BattlefieldHardline.com). Mirror's Edge 2 had some in enine stuff too. Tom Clancy's "The Division" is still definitely one to watch as well.

That's all so far. I'll post again after the Sony conference at about 1AM

Defintely the best part about Ubisoft's talk was the reveal trailer for "Rainbow Six: Siege". I guess this means that Patriots was cancelled?

• Supporters

This cant come soon enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fewc0ddX0wE

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That looks so much better than I thought it was going to.

Okay, so GTA V is coming to pc.

New rainbow six.

Division looks promising.

Battlefront looks cool but there is no 'gameplay'.

Farcry 4 looks good, but I don't know if they will be able to top Vaas.

New Lara Croft looks good.

Sony's conference was definitely the weakest of the "big three". *with Nintendo's being second and Microsoft's being best*

They talked about movies. FUCKING MOVIES! AT A GAMING CONVENTION!!!

• Supporters

It can't have failed as hard as the XB1 announcement last year lol.

It can't have failed as hard as the XB1 announcement last year lol.

You would be surprised... It's all available on YouTube to watch now.

• Supporters

The rainbow six "gameplay" trailer made me cringe, I had to stop watching it a couple of minutes in. Yet another completely mocked up "gameplay" trailer by Ubisoft that will not reflect the final product, even the "players" sound like actors.

The division - other than the hugely staged team work it looks like a pretty generic third person team shooter, kind of like Defiance. Once you replace all that team chat with the general vileness that is online game chat or just silence (like most games) it looses a lot of its appeal. To simulate this try watching it without sound to get a good feel for how it will actually play.

Rainbow Six Siege - So many issues with this game. They don't seem to hit each other very often, should be over much faster than it was. The bullets seem to leave enormous holes in the walls, and with such large amounts of penetration the entire building is just concealment. Somewhat realistic but the gun recoil and behaviour and bullet holes suggest realism isn't actually the target here. I don't know about this one, the reality of it looks like its probably not going to be all that great.

Battlefront - No idea what the game will actually be like. Trailers can show anything they want, has zero relation to the actual game.

I don't think I saw anything I was really impressed with, nothing particularly innovative or had the wow factor. What gameplay there was didn't really seem like it changed very much.

• Supporters

For whatever reason Ubisoft have a developed a bit of a habit for staging gameplay footage. I knew watch_dogs wouldn't be what they promised, the level of detail in the division is debatable and the same goes for Rainbow Six(and by that I mean Ubisoft are liars). Although the so called gameplay footage is arguably closer to the Rainbow Six book I can guarantee it will be nothing like the actual game.

Battlefront I think could be good although I will have to wait and see. Although I suppose we will be subjected to the joys of Origin and glaring issues that were reported years ago but haven't been fixed.

The so called gameplay footage is arguably closer to the Rainbow Six book I can guarantee it will be nothing like the actual game.

God I want someone to make a film out of the Rainbow Six book...

• Supporters

That would be amazing, it's definitely one of the best Tom Clancy novels. When I was a kid I absolutely loved the clear and present danger film, then I read the book and just thought why is none of this in the film?

• Supporters

Sony's conference was definitely the weakest of the "big three". *with Nintendo's being second and Microsoft's being best*

They talked about movies. f*cking MOVIES! AT A GAMING CONVENTION!!!

E3 is NOT just a gaming convention.

There was a rainbow six film in production a good few years back, but it got stuck in production hell

Whoever made the trailer for the new game obviously shares an office with the people who made the division trailer. Glad they're bringing back the more tactical side but I'm not sure on their confidence a bunch of strangers on the Internet can agree on any plan

• Supporters

No man's sky looks pretty damn impressive, if what the developers are saying is true the whole galaxy is procedurally generated so each player effectively gets their own game world when they start up the game. Just a shame I suck at flying games I guess :(

• Supporters

It's a trade show for the games industry. So that statement is flawed.

I suggest you google "What is E3?" if you believe otherwise.

Meh, you kids and your fancy trade shows.

I was getting confused (I'm old - it happens) with CES. So sue me.

Being the fighting game fanatic that I am, I really enjoyed all the new Mortal Kombat X gameplay. It looks better than ever, with gory awesome Fatalities and brutal X-Ray moves. I'm really interested to see how all thr new characters play out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.