Camouflage Cream

Yuriski

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was just wondering, is there anybody that uses cam cream or face paint of some sorts in their loadout? In CQB you would obviously look like a bit of a twat, but in woodland games, would it be of any effect?

• Supporters

I've seen varying opinions on this.

Some people say it makes you an official tit.

Others only go as far as to say it's pointless.

I say if it ups your game, screw everyone else. Everyone else sucks. Try it and see what happens! You can get it for a few quid on ebay so gotta be worth a go?

• Supporters

I was just wondering, is there anybody that uses cam cream or face paint of some sorts in their loadout? In CQB you would obviously look like a bit of a tw*t, but in woodland games, would it be of any effect?

Only if you sit in a corner hugging your knees, muttering "the horror...the hooooorrrroorrrrrrr" under your breath.

If you want to try it, give it a go.

Having said that though I cant think of a single situation where having a green face would've stopped me from spotting someone. Not to mention that wearing that stuff all day would be bloody grim.

I guess it wouldn't really work much anyway, considering the goggles and all will stick out like a sore thumb.

I already have some cream anyway for cadet weekends. I agree, it itches like hell.

I tried some of this stuff whilst doing laser tag a year or so back, bastards made us wear the horrific stuff...

I'd go as far as a 4/10, people will say "it breaks up your face!" Good for five minutes, then it went all crumbly, then sweat washed the stuff away.

Maybe we had a bad lot, but if you are sensible enough to wear a face mask there is no need for the stuff :)

Done properly it looks brilliant. Done wrong and it looks like you got dunked in a pot of dulux "camo special"

I don't use it since I wear full face protection, but I can see why others would want to (even if you look like a tw*t doing so).

I guess it wouldn't really work much anyway, considering the goggles and all will stick out like a sore thumb.

I already have some cream anyway for cadet weekends. I agree, it itches like hell.

Try the 'professional' tube stuff, a mate of mine introduced it to me and I'm trying it out: bwcam3-web-tex-professional-face-paint.html

• Supporters

Personally not wanting teeth shot out I wear a half face mask with my mesh Eyepro so the upshot is that very little of my face is actually on show which makes using cam cream totally pointless.

However if I was going down the sniper route and not bothering with the half face (highly unlikely, well a possibility if playing a milsim) then I probably would think about getting my cam cream out. Just make sure you have lots of babywipes handy they get it off brilliantly.

• Supporters

I have been in the situation once where I was wearing ghillie and they spot my face so it can be handy. However that happened only once in the seven years I've been playing. Might not worth the fuss.

scrim net scarfs are designed to be used to cover your face in sniperey situations. Oh and cheapest camo cream is the original burnt cork.

• Supporters

We spend thousands dressing up like soldiers and the minute we put some camo cream on our face we look like pretentious twats?

A big 'Well Done' to those that think that.

YOU might spend thousands dressing up like a soldier but not everyone does. ;)

if i didnt wear a full face mmask anyway id use ash and mud if i was thinking it would make a difference....

YOU might spend thousands dressing up like a soldier but not everyone does. ;)

I was just stating in general :P

My own skirmishable 'loadout' currently sits at £140 including 4 mags and camouflage.

I built the gun from spares and scavenged as much as possible.

Look out for my post in the near future!

• Supporters

I use good old fashioned ash from the fireplace,I only do it because it makes me look like a hard man. Just two stripes on the cheek enough so I can use my Psyker powers to make the BB go further and for women to be attracted to me.

They must be some awesome stripes....

If I was properly doing a milsim where I was SADF, especially Recce I would black face and for a woodland weekender milsim I might but for normal games I wouldn't bother

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting question and one I've been asking myself, as a newbie, why don't airsofters wear cam cream, if, and most do, go to extraordinary effort and lengths in acquiring and collecting their loadouts?

Granted, it's not the nicest thing to ear, but neither is a helmet or body armour when it gets hot and sweaty. Baby wipes are good, but the best thing is good old fashioned soap and water!!

Given the effort and some of the looks people go to, I would have thought that a few minutes going for an "alley" bit of cam cream would complete the look?

In terms of being spotted? Well a white face will stick out like a bulldog's proverbials at the back of a darkened room, in a woodland environment, movement will get you seen, first time every time, after that, its' anything unnatural that doesn't blend in.

Clearly there's no point if you're wearing a full face mask.

Just surprised that given the open and unjudgmental nature of this sport, this is a contentious issue.

Haha yea, people get criticised for not having good kit and people get criticised for having good kit

Also back to cavninja's point, a lot of modern impressions are desert based, there really aren't many woodland impressions so therefore not much cam cream needed

Firstly, I don't care what people think about me wearing cam cream. Secondly, they're entitled to their opinion, but Im not interested in it.

If I wanted to CAM up, then I would.

It definitely has a benefit. In woodland, the first things I spot through optics are movement and white shiny faces amongst the greenery.

The question is whether its worth the trouble for a skirmish. If I were doing a longer game like a milsim, then I might well do it to gain a tactical edge, but applying it and removing it is time consuming.

Stripes can be effective to disrupt the recognisable facial contours - easy than using the full colour cream.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.