Pistols?

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

aye, grab a TM.
A pistol is really useful not just in cqb but also in woodland for rushing barricades etc. I use my TM G18c almost every game at Holmbush and yesterday at Rype Village having it was a game changer for me. Pistols are proper useful if you learn to exploit their strengths! :-)

Anything TM. WE Gen4 Glocks as well.

Some swear by the ASG/TM MK24 NBB as well.

I have the ASG version of the Mk23 - surprisingly fun bit of kit even if it's a NBB. Just a pain finding a holster big enough.

For GBB pistols I would go against the grain and say to get a KWA if you can - especially one with the NS2 gas system. Very efficient and don't need the slide upgrading to take green gas like TM pistols do.

• Supporters

I have the ASG version of the Mk23 - surprisingly fun bit of kit even if it's a NBB. Just a pain finding a holster big enough.

Fits in fabric universal holsters, my holster's been modified to fit on a drop leg serpa holster so it doesn't flap around.

I've often wondered about special forces use of pistols in real life. Clearly they use them in cqb but in the jungle ive never read anything about them using them.

That's because you want something with a quick burst capability and a medium caliber in that sort of environment for maximum penetration of undergrowth- US troops had issues on islands like Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal because the Thompson's .45 ACP round wasn't powerful enough to penetrate some undergrowth when firing on hidden MG nests and such.

One of the reasons why the original M4 carbine was adopted with jungle warfare (among other factors) in mind; it had a short barrel for automatic rifles of the time and a 3 round burst, which was popular on the M16A2- as well as the 5.56 round which allowed moderate penetration

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.