Manufacturer Quality?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys,

Looking at buying a plate carrier soonish and trying to ascertain who are the better quality manufacturers out there amongst the plethora of options. I have been burnt before with a battle belt whose MOLLE fittings refused to stay sewn to it so I am looking to be more careful in future.

So basically, how do people like Flyye and Condor stack up in terms of quality?

Condor are average, they're unlikely to fall apart from airsoft (although stories have surfaced form the US of that happening) but for the price you can get better.. they're probably better than Bulle but not as good as WAS

Flyye are probably one of the best clone gear makes out there.. I've had a fair bit and hold up incredibly well. As a testament I was talking to a guy from the SANDF who has just gotten back from the Congo and he said that Flyye is by far the most popular brand for private purchase, even being used by the Recces (SA SF)

Out of those two I would easily go with Flyye!

If you can afford it, Flyye. I have a Condor rig and I've used it for a few months- there's a couple of issues I have with the design (which led to me cutting a restrictive MOLLE loop) but on the whole it's ok.

OP, what kind of rig are you looking for? as we might be able to find you a decent rig from a good manufacturer

I have a condor rig and it works well... Some of the stitching is off, and as such some more is tight... But it's well enough made, I think. Certainly decent for the money.

Cheers guys.

I was looking at something around the £100 mark. Lightweight, no pouches as I have those but must have an admin panel or ability to take one. Preferably in Olive Drab but not Black or Tan.

• Supporters

Warrior dcs

/thread

Op has a budget of £100 though. Second hand maybe....

I like the DCS but can't see it without pouches on their website?

Oh that looks just the ticket Mack. Thanks

Either that or a DCS. Job done. Thanks guys

I had a MBSS, they good rigs but unless you're a larger gentleman you'll need to have plates underneath.. also a belt helps a lot as their carrying capacity isn't great

Have you thought about going down the chest rig route?

RRV style rigs (WAS 901s) are really good lightweight rigs which offer a nice amount of carrying capacity and far less cumbersome than a plate carrier

6ft and 11st so on the thin side. I have a belt for dump, admin and holster. Vest will mainly be for Mags and hydration

Haha well I'm 5'8 and about 11st 10 (38inch chest) and I need to have a PACA under a MBSS for it to fit properly so it will likely be too big for you.

Your best bet is go with a WAS DCS or the original LBT version as they fit smaller frames well

Probably your best bet considering the bases are usually £110 http://uktactical.com/p-9509-elite-ops-dcs-plate-carrier-with-3-x-quick-mags-od.aspx

Seems a good price, but you'll notice the difference between ranger and olive green

• Supporters

I like the DCS but can't see it without pouches on their website?

Forgot they don't do the OD one separate. The quick mag one is 125 though, if you got that I'd give u £30 plus p&p for the pouches assuming you didn't want them

Not sure if this helps or not, but I've just bought a Mil-Force Elite Tactical Molle vest from Zero One. £103 and so far it seems cracking. I've not had it to a game yet and not had it long so I'm not sure how it will hold up, but the quality seems great, very sturdy stitching and good materials. It came with a bunch of M4 and pistol mag pouches, an admin pouch on the front and a bunch of other pouches under the cummerbund, plus an attached sling and cooler pouch on the back for a hydration pack. Mine is multi-cam, but I'm sure it comes in olive drab and black.

Of course, this is the point when loads of people who have had one of these post saying "what did you get one of those for, they're crap?"

Of course, this is the point when loads of people who have had one of these post saying "what did you get one of those for, they're crap?"

Not necessarily :P

If you've found a bit of kit that holds up like something £50 or so more expensive, kudos to you. You've beaten the people who shelled out the extra cash for a product which does the same job as something cheaper, but has a label :)

I am leaning more toward the DCS so may take you up on that offer.....

• Supporters

I am leaning more toward the DCS so may take you up on that offer.....

You won't be sorry getting buying WAS kit. Excellent gear.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.