[solved] help, laptop wont start

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so my laptop just turned off without a warning. like someone cut the power to it. waited a minute, put it on again, it stayed on for a minute before doing the same thing and now it wont start. Nothing what so ever happens when I press the power button....

any ideas?

Overheating maybe?

Battery fault maybe.

It can be lots of things.

Fan might be stuck, or just give it an hour or so to cool down before turning on again.

Cool down is one thing I considered, as it have show tendencies to it in the past... but I've waited several hours now... can't imagine the battery being the fault as it is plugged in. how do I unstuck a fan?

I seem to remember it having similar problems before thou and working later without having to do anything. maybe I should try again tomorrow.

• Supporters

Could be dust that's clogging the fan up, it'd probably be the best if you took it down to a tecchie to see what's wrong with it, though it's likely that it's over heating.

Good thing to get is a can of compressed air like the ones they use to clean keyboards. Give all the vents a good spray you will be suprised at the crap that comes out

Is the battery charging light on whilst plugged in?

If it does turn on, are you able to get into BIOS/UEFI?

oh you gotta be kidding me...............

picard-facepalm.jpg

....lets just say that the computer now works and I feel like an idiot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.