Real Sword SVD

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after a fair bit of thinking, I think maybe this is the gun I am looking for.

Basically I want a workhorse that still got a fair amount of precision.. more than a fair amount at this price as a matter in fact. the plan is to have this as my main, and have a CYMA workhorse as spare gun. as well as a CQB friendly pistol for when entering building. oh and the FPS limits here are slight different, nothing to worry about in this topic.

Will the Real Sword SVD be a good DMR / counter-sniper out of the box or does it need upgrades? in that case witch?

The alternative I am thinking is Type 56.. witch would be used in the same roll. I am guessing this would need to be upgraded and have the barrel extended with a mock silencer? slight advantage here would be that I can use my current rig/mags.

oh and as for optic. I am thinking a G&P x4 acog with red dot? seem very pleasant to aim with, and can be used similarly to a red dot sight if needed. alternative would be the Real Sword PSO-1 M2, looks the part, but seem less practical and more expensive. any other suggestions?

so yea... talk me into or out of getting a RS SVD!

Ive got the Type 56 from Real Sword.

The 56 is an old school Chinese army weapon that they copied from the Russian AK47 design. They have turned up in nearly every dirty war and rebellion in the last 30 years.

Its a lovely classic weapon and has a fold out bayonet.

Cant see it being a realistic DMR.

Ive got the Type 56 from Real Sword.

The 56 is an old school Chinese army weapon that they copied from the Russian AK47 design. They have turned up in nearly every dirty war and rebellion in the last 30 years.

Its a lovely classic weapon and has a fold out bayonet.

Cant see it being a realistic DMR.

not at all concerned about the "realism" (wont go into that debate here). but think it technically would work as one?

I have one and would say not without significant upgrading. My stock Type 56-1 only shoots around 290 on .2s and obviously needs a new hop up rubber etc, maybe even a spring so to get one high enough to be worth a DMR role may be expensive. Lovely looking guns

Of the couple of retailers in the uk that have stocked the SVD, they come in 2 varieties, one that came in at 330 ish fps and one that came in at 450ish fps, there has been deals that if you buy it with the scope they will do a discount on the scope of they sell as a package with the scope but the price has always been adjusted upwards to suit, out of the box they are pretty damn good, doubtful you'll need to spend a penny on it (unless you get the 330fps version)

As for using it for cqb, noooooooo, you need to see the length of them, it is a LONG rifle and bearing in mind that most cqb sites limit is 328 max then it's kind of pointless

Any AEG can be a DMR with the right upgrades. RealSword SVD is just unique is that it has really good parts quality and performance out of the box. The hop up units on those things are amazing. I'd put the motor armature into a neodymium can and leave it until it breaks.

It's a heavy fucker,full stamped and machined steel. Very long and hard to maneuver.

RS type 56 is probably the strongest bastard of a gun in airsoft. Gearbox is very reliable- but proprietary since it's made to fit into a real steel demilled body. Components are good quality,hop up units are great, and RS supply the parts direct at very low prices.

Of the couple of retailers in the uk that have stocked the SVD, they come in 2 varieties, one that came in at 330 ish fps and one that came in at 450ish fps, there has been deals that if you buy it with the scope they will do a discount on the scope of they sell as a package with the scope but the price has always been adjusted upwards to suit, out of the box they are pretty damn good, doubtful you'll need to spend a penny on it (unless you get the 330fps version)

As for using it for cqb, noooooooo, you need to see the length of them, it is a LONG rifle and bearing in mind that most cqb sites limit is 328 max then it's kind of pointless

wont be buying in the UK, but good heads up! I assume its the 450 fps sold by ehobby asia, but will have to confirm that [confirmed]. excellent conclusion, thanks!

No plans what so ever using it for cqb:) The site I mainly play at however does have a lot of houses, and a lot of battle is between the them. So when you're going into a house carrying a sniper or DMR you would swap to your sidearm, make sure the building is clear, then swap back to snip out of the windows.

Any AEG can be a DMR with the right upgrades. RealSword SVD is just unique is that it has really good parts quality and performance out of the box. The hop up units on those things are amazing. I'd put the motor armature into a neodymium can and leave it until it breaks.

It's a heavy f*cker,full stamped and machined steel. Very long and hard to maneuver.

RS type 56 is probably the strongest bastard of a gun in airsoft. Gearbox is very reliable- but proprietary since it's made to fit into a real steel demilled body. Components are good quality,hop up units are great, and RS supply the parts direct at very low prices.

So you would agree the SVD does not need upgrades? can I expect it to have some of the strength of the type56?

witch upgrades would you say I'd have to pop into the type 56 before I can use it as a DMR?

wont be buying in the UK, but good heads up! I assume its the 450 fps sold by ehobby asia, but will have to confirm that [confirmed]. excellent conclusion, thanks!

No plans what so ever using it for cqb:) The site I mainly play at however does have a lot of houses, and a lot of battle is between the them. So when you're going into a house carrying a sniper or DMR you would swap to your sidearm, make sure the building is clear, then swap back to snip out of the windows.

So you would agree the SVD does not need upgrades? can I expect it to have some of the strength of the type56?

witch upgrades would you say I'd have to pop into the type 56 before I can use it as a DMR?

You can use the SVD as a DMR effectively out of the box but anyone with a well made custom DMR can outperform it. It all depends on how well you play with it,It's very adequate otherwise.You may find trigger response lacking due to a ferrous motor. Expect it to be even stronger(And heavier,and longer :P ) than a type 56 since the receiver is machined and not stamped meaning it's much thicker and stronger.

To make a Type 56 a DMR,i'd do the following (You can do this to an SVD too to even further it's performance)

Neodymium magnet motor or drop the realsword motor armature into a neodymium magnet can

Low resistance wiring

Deans

Mosfet

AOE corrected,perfect shimming for max trigger response

Perfect air seal,seal the cylinder head with silicone, O ring air nozzle and seal the bucking with dental floss

Shim the hop up unit arm to get rid of any wobble

R-hop,G-hop or Flat hop mod

RS type 56s come with M120 spring OOTB IIRC,400 FPS is enough for a DMR I feel but you can jam in a 130 for some extra oomph.

The stock 18:1 Gears should be adequate,they are similar to most sintered chinese sets which can take Anything up to an M150 reliably.

Add spacers to the tappet cam on the sector gear to pull the tappet plate back more for better feeding.

All of this and more can be found in the 'Holy Grail of Airsoft DMRs' thread on airsoftsniperforum.

£699 - not sure how many will be discounted at that price (or more accurately how many they have in stock, as that might be the limiter).

(I'm tempted myself)

Heads up! Pro airsoft listed these today for £499 including the scope, that is a serious fecking bargain but I would doubt they have many

was just going to ask if it was including the scope.. splendid! thanks! :)

seems to work out the same price as from ehobby if I have it sent straight to Sweden.. think I prefer PAS thou, and not customs etc will be added. will seriously consider this.

Called them, seems they can't ship abroad as it has real parts. shame really but oh well!

oh by the way, they where pleasant as ever and went out of their way trying to help me!

Called them, seems they can't ship abroad as it has real parts. shame really but oh well!

oh by the way, they where pleasant as ever and went out of their way trying to help me!

You could get them to ship to a forum member over here so they could ship to you?

• Supporters

You could get them to ship to a forum member over here so they could ship to you?

Which would then make said forum member guilty of exporting real gun parts. If customs check it you might regret that offer...

personally I would not be afraid (then again, I would say that). they are clever enough that they can identify co2 airsofts from gas airsoft and confiscate the later. and real sword cuts the barrel in such way it cannot function for its original purpose

For those that have a Real Sword SVD, what weight in pellet do you use ? Was trying to set the hop up using blaster devil 0.30g but couldn't stop an earlier drop than I'd expect (especially as I tested it with an xCortech 3200 chrono just before with results of 445-448 fps so I know I have the power). The shot was straight and true, just felt like it was dropping early.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.