Kydex-best thickness for a holster?

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As it says on the tin, looking to make a few holsters, one for a Glock18 AEP and the second for a Mk23 Socom, I have decided I'm tired of the viper ones not working very well, I want something more secure.

Now mostly on the interweb I'm getting info suggesting that 2mm is the correct thickness but... that's mostly for real pistols and I have a sneaky feeling that airsoft guns are far lighter so maybe that is thicker than I need.

Anyone make holsters and mind telling me what they use?

• Supporters

Cheers for the advice, 2mm it is. Found a vac bag method which saves having to find and build a press using wood and foam.

Building mine was loads of fun... I would use 1mm stuff to get good definition, then 2mm and a dremmel for retention.

You know you can build a press for about £30 minus the foam, right? Including buying a mitre saw... Vat bagging is the world's biggest chore! I used to do it for carbon fibre... It was the bane of my life...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.