my first gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No it is not any good for starting out. dont get WELL, dont get from bbguns4less.

G&G CM as mentioned above is a good option for someone who is starting at a budget. better save up and get something that wont fall to pieces.

Umarex does some pretty good, cheaper AEGs too if you want to look into those. Full metal and very reliable (mines 2 years old and have had no problems at all.)

You don't want to be buying any cheap gun from a 'bb guns' website.

If they do sell more expensive guns, they are usually over priced anyway compared to other retailers.

You're better off saving up for another gun which is much better quality and buying from a proper airsoft website such as Pro Airsoft Supplies, Zero One, Airsoft World, Patrol Base, Fire Support or Land Warrior Airsoft.

Welcome to the forums :)

• Supporters

Don't buy dude. Get G&G CM for a first a good choice. my first was a G&G CM16 couldn't fault it in the slightest and I've had a lot of weapons but have to say one of my best. My best weapon I've ever had is my current G&G has been flawless from day dot and many people have commented on how flawless it's performance is and it's sound as well

Umarex does some pretty good, cheaper AEGs too if you want to look into those. Full metal and very reliable (mines 2 years old and have had no problems at all.)

Umarex is a rebrander. so if the maker of your umarex is a good maker, excellent! if not... well.

Only had one first hand experience thou, that was my brothers mp7, which... didn't work^^

Don't buy dude. Get G&G CM for a first a good choice. my first was a G&G CM16 couldn't fault it in the slightest and I've had a lot of weapons but have to say one of my best. My best weapon I've ever had is my current G&G has been flawless from day dot and many people have commented on how flawless it's performance is and it's sound as well

Did you edit this post or did my viewer not load the first dot first time I reed it? made your post very confusing either way XD

• Supporters

Did you edit this post or did my viewer not load the first dot first time I reed it? made your post very confusing either way XD

Edited it mate lol because I sounded like I was saying don't buy a G&G CM which I wasn't so made my amendments

No, get a G&G CM16 from a reputable retailer. (Proairsoftsupplues, zeroone, firesupport etc)

And have a look at this thread http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

OR, if it's just for backyard shooting, you could get a DE Tri shot, a couple of shells and you're set.

Dafuq.... Monty.... iz a moderator...... I still think... you're a cat...

Umarex is a rebrander. so if the maker of your umarex is a good maker, excellent! if not... well.

Only had one first hand experience thou, that was my brothers mp7, which... didn't work^^

Mine has official Heckler & Koch approval: They have some decent starter guns for around £100 - £150. Most of what they sell are also two-tone, so OP wouldn't need to have a gun sprayed.

I'm not too familiar with G&G so I can't really compare.

• Supporters

would this be a good starting one? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5645 I will need to get it sprayed two toned as well

I'd spend another £6-7 and get a RIS version for attachments if you intend on using any that is. That personal choice though.

Mine has official Heckler & Koch approval: They have some decent starter guns for around £100 - £150. Most of what they sell are also two-tone, so OP wouldn't need to have a gun sprayed.

When buying a rebranded Umarex gun, a fair amount of the price is for the H&K trademark. I think OP would be better off buying a G&G CM M4 as It's trusted by many members of the forum- plus they are made of a really sturdy nylon fibre plastic, much better than any Chinese monkey metal

Sorry mate, not meaning to put you down.. but "official Heckler & Koch approval" does not count for a lot in airsoft. H&K makes excellent firearms, true, but their interest and knowledge in airsoft is questionable.

Again, not saying automatically all Umarex are bad. just that to research which ones are good you need to find out who manufactures the gun in question, and sometimes you might even find that you can find it cheaper from the actual manufacturer.

personally I always recommend sprayed two-tone.. once legal defence is obtained it can be sanded down.

Sorry mate, not meaning to put you down.. but "official Heckler & Koch approval" does not count for a lot in airsoft. H&K makes excellent firearms, true, but their interest and knowledge in airsoft is questionable.

Again, not saying automatically all Umarex are bad. just that to research which ones are good you need to find out who manufactures the gun in question, and sometimes you might even find that you can find it cheaper from the actual manufacturer.

personally I always recommend sprayed two-tone.. once legal defence is obtained it can be sanded down.

Just saying. I mean, if H&K are willing to put their brand on a product, then it has to have a somewhat decent quality, regardless of their knowledge (I think they also helped the designer of the airsoft version in producing them). As with all wholesalers such as Umarex, bad produce will always find a way into the market. It's inevitable - just offering that second choice incase the OP doesn't like G&G, so that he can look into it :)

One would think so, but look at Glocks knives for example. absolute rubbish. I am guessing H&K just see airsoft as toys (fair enough), just want the money and couldn't care less about who puts their mark on their airsoft. I much doubt they helped design the airsoft version, firstly they are busy producing weapons, secondly because Umarex is not the manufacturer (unless I am much mistaken)

I agree about lemons, G&G has them as well, but that is really not what I am pointing out.

As for your gun, it clearly is decent if it been running for two years. but I still wouldn't recommend getting it before finding out who the manufacturer is.

The only Umarex I personally know about is the 417, which is manufactured by VFC, so I am guessing it is darn good.

I'm guessing Umarex developed it. In the booklet that came in the box, the only copyright holders are that of H&K and Umarex. H&K could have helped in some way, as it's not exactly a small company.

Then again, I'm not the expert, so it could very well be the case you are pointing out.

I'm guessing Umarex developed it. In the booklet that came in the box, the only copyright holders are that of H&K and Umarex. H&K could have helped in some way, as it's not exactly a small company.

Then again, I'm not the expert, so it could very well be the case you are pointing out.

Umarex are a rebrander- a middle man. They didn't develop it and they would put their name and logo on everything. And as 2-0 said, H&K would most likely not have had any influence in the gun anyway as they literally take Umarex's money to authorise the use of the H&K logo.

I'm just going by what I can visibly see on the box and booklet - not that I don't believe you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.