Did I do the right thing?

rusty1109

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What?! no, don't be retarded. No one is saying that shooting someone at point blank with a 500fps gun is a good idea, the MED is there for a reason but to suggest that snipers can 'bang' kill people inside their 30m MED is outrageous. If that were a rule I'd buy a sniper rifle tomorrow and never fire a shot because I wouldn't ever have to aim again; I could just run about shouting bang and people would be dead.

If you have a sniper rifle that has a mandatory MED then its USELESS even as a prop inside of that MED, get another gun or go for the contact-kill.

As for someone putting the muzzle of a loaded 500fps gun anywhere near my face (e.g. on my shoulder)... I dare you, I double dare you to try that. It'll end up with that 500fps gun in 2 bits over my knee and some tiny tears from the pleb who thought it was a good idea.

my point is that if they are within 5m then I'd say bang rule is acceptable as a sniper in the army isn't going to not shoot someone if they are under 30m in the 5m to 30m med area then it's fine as it would be hard to hit but at even 5 meters a human sized target is unmissable unless you have difficulty seeing

I strongly disagree with 'hand touch' knife kills. It just doesn't make sense. In a game where rubber knives are the cheapest peice of kit why not just blooming use one??? Also half the skill of a knife kill is taking it out quickly and quietly before using it. Just taking your hand off the gun reciever and sticking it out is just an absolute cop out. There's only one guy I know who can kill you with a tap on the shoulder and he don't airsoft

spockdoubtsyourbs.jpg

A mate of mine once knife killed me 4 times in one skirmish because he is very very sneaky. On one occasion I felt the knife point into back, heard him safe knife kill, turned around and he wasn't there! Stealth level 1000

Also on the subject of 'feeling' hits I only ever where a tshirt with no vest/plate carrier so I feel them all. It's impossible for me to cheat even if I wanted too

i think i should point out that however highly unlikely a point black shot from an airsoft weapon, especially a gas pistol surely has the possibility to force air into a vein, with then can go to the heart and cause serious problems. whilst this scenario is highly unlikely it would be quite stupid to point blank shoot someone(and also good luck not getting your face smashed in) i know of one guy that used to boast that the used his pistol once sneaked up behind them and point blanked someone in the temple... for soooo many reasons a bad idea. never purposefully point blank someone(unless in thick plates and you are 100% sure) as its not worth the kicking/hassle. just put one in the centre of the target and move on... (and if using a dmr carry a secondary for when stuff like this happens. ffs i carry an m4, shotgun, pistol and a knife. it aint hard!!! though i like the idea of grenade that suicide death sounds a cool idea black death!)

That guy who purposely point blanked someone in the head needs to find a new hobby! What an absolute douche

I don't mind getting shot in the face if it's the only part of me on offer but point blanking someone in the head when you have the whole body avaliable is beyond rediculous!

• Supporters

my point is that if they are within 5m then I'd say bang rule is acceptable as a sniper in the army isn't going to not shoot someone if they are under 30m in the 5m to 30m med area then it's fine as it would be hard to hit but at even 5 meters a human sized target is unmissable unless you have difficulty seeing

The bang rule just causes arguments. It's a waste of time end of. My 5m might be different to your estimation so it'd much easier just to shoot the person. If you have no gun to do so, tough.

When I used my VSR I regularly went without a sidearm as mine had broken. I often had people inside the MED and often easily within 5m. I wasn't carrying a suitable weapon so I either hid or called myself out. It's tough luck, I went into the game knowing I want carrying the right equipment or close quarter shooting so I couldnt complain.

I'm not saying that bang rules are ok I think they are BS it's MEDs I hate and I'm not even a sniper, we play for the realism or we would be playing paintball

• Supporters

Well that's not a great argument as a real life sniper would likely use a pistol or assault rifle at that distance lol. Probably wouldn't kill baddies by tapping their shoulder or flicking their ears either.

has the possibility to force air into a vein, with then can go to the heart and cause serious problems.

Just ... no. It can't.

First off it takes over 10ml of air injected directly into a large vein to cause any sort of embolism, 10 ml is a significant amount of air its quite a large syringe.

2nd, the veins are under your skin, in order for a BB to penetrate a vein it first has to penetrate through the skin and cause deep vascular damage.

3rd, the veins and arteries are under pressure, greater pressure than the pressure of the air, we know pressure flows from high to low, if any damage opened up a vein blood would be flowing out preventing air from flowing in.

4th Gas under pressure dissipates into the air, you would not be able to accurately flow 10ml into the small opening of a vein with a gun.

It is impossible to get an air embolus from a BB.

• Supporters

Well that settles it - I if I see a big black bloke I am shooting him then

All I was saying this is contact sport of a sort, and I would accept somebody touching me - ooh yes please

touching with hand - knife, light-sabre, rampant rabbit etc....

as I see it if a guy made it to me all stealth and could touch with a tap of hand he deserves to get kill

not being a knife - well in real terms he could pistol whip me or use a 4x2 bit of wood etc...

BUT the guy would of well n truely had me and could make proper contact....

As for just taking hand off receiver - surely it would use less to just pull the trigger ???

What I don't agree with is just saying it rather than doing it - making contact

I am not getting into a row over this as we all have a difference of opinion - and just splitting hairs

but their is a line in what we will agree and disagree what is a kill

I said earlier about contact being made rather than bang b0ll0cks

and if guy taps me on shoulder - yup ok I am dead - where the fudge did he come from I would then think

but yup you deffo had me there m8 is what I would mutter as I call myself out

Knife kill might be more realistic but in realistic terms how can a medic revive me so quickly if I got shot through heart??

ok getting way off topic once again but this is a pretend sport we play - or we would need a LOT of body bags each weekend

if you tap me on shoulder...

Oh - are a dead team mate respawning ???

No m8 - I'm enemy - YOU ARE DEAD

Damn it - who had the back FFS ???

( - but I would call it like I said )

I loved that openening line sitting duck. Proper made me chuckle lololololol might save that into my signature bro

As for why use knife kill when you can shoot, the idea is :

Knife kill is quieter than a gun

Knife kill is more humiliating

Knife kill is a fun (nice variation from trigger spamming all day)

Just ... no. It can't.

First off it takes over 10ml of air injected directly into a large vein to cause any sort of embolism, 10 ml is a significant amount of air its quite a large syringe.

2nd, the veins are under your skin, in order for a BB to penetrate a vein it first has to penetrate through the skin and cause deep vascular damage.

3rd, the veins and arteries are under pressure, greater pressure than the pressure of the air, we know pressure flows from high to low, if any damage opened up a vein blood would be flowing out preventing air from flowing in.

4th Gas under pressure dissipates into the air, you would not be able to accurately flow 10ml into the small opening of a vein with a gun.

It is impossible to get an air embolus from a BB.

i rember being warned about it in school when we were working with compressed air by the teacher. the pressure in my pistol dosent seem that much different to me and has the added bb. combined with the pictures of people cutting bbs out from under their skin... personally dont think its worth the risk specially when its completely unnecessary(but accidents do happening people walking round corner as shot taken etc. and i didnt mean enough to talk about the high volume to cause the 10 ml, just any at alll. fancy taking point black pistol shots from c02 pistols at say temple, throat etc? nah. just shoot me from a few meters away and be done...

• Supporters

i rember being warned about it in school when we were working with compressed air by the teacher. the pressure in my pistol dosent seem that much different to me and has the added bb. combined with the pictures of people cutting bbs out from under their skin... personally dont think its worth the risk specially when its completely unnecessary(but accidents do happening people walking round corner as shot taken etc. and i didnt mean enough to talk about the high volume to cause the 10 ml, just any at alll. fancy taking point black pistol shots from c02 pistols at say temple, throat etc? nah. just shoot me from a few meters away and be done...

a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

you are at ZERO risk of a BB piercing an artery or vein, even at 600fps I doubt you'd be able to damage one.

this simply can not happen with an airsoft gun, stop worrying about it.

• Supporters

I think this might sting a bit though

1664 fps ffs !!!

No $hit - was first shot on a brand new CO2 cartridge pistol with .20g bb's

I thought no way - where's my phone - where's my phone before she auto off

Is cool though after 2nd or 3rd shot she came down to 300's but jeez that could kill

or very seriously injure somebody.....

I have been playing with my new toy this afternoon and no more silly stuff like that

even with a fresh new co2 cartridge but thought I would share a wtf pic

• Supporters

Yeah, my old tri shot would occasionally record 1500+fps clearly wasn't actually doing that much.

As for 1600fps killing someone? Dream on, I'd be amazed if that'd even penetrate sturdy fabric. Bear in mind that it's a .2g plastic projectile, it'd break the skin for sure but it's still carrying a conparitively tiny amount of energy. Approximately 1650 fps with 0.2g BB is 25 joules, an SA80 by contrast has a muzzle energy of 1850 joules.

• Supporters

well real firearms start from 1500fps for a pussy firearm but I know it is only a plastic bb with little mass

but forget your dmr/sniper stuff and I truely believe that was what came out end

got 2 pistols and the other started at 650fps, then 530fps then 400fps etc.....

this one was second one I tested and was wondering if this would be strange at very start

BLOOMIN' HECK i thought - but they both behaving atm 350 fps mark depending on bb's used

but really think the chrono didn't lie coz other one was strange at first but not that crazy

And probably won't kill at 1664fps but not gonna run a test to find out how much it hurts

(can't anyway coz that was deffo a first time glitch is seems on both pistols)

2tone atm - but tempted to respray all black and call it after some massive dude on here

what is that gun - this this is my bad ass black death co2 pistol

• Supporters

Jesus, are we still arguing the toss on this?

• Supporters

7 pages? What the balls?

I'm too tired to read it all through, but I personally would've taken the hit and if I had been in the sniper's position I would've kept my mouth shut until you were out of the MED, and then shot you lol.

I think the sniper probably learned that the hard way in this instance.

You didn't break any rules though, so no harm done. He took it on the chin like a champ, you felt a little guilty about it afterwards, fair's fair.

• Supporters

A mate of mine once knife killed me 4 times in one skirmish because he is very very sneaky. On one occasion I felt the knife point into back, heard him safe knife kill, turned around and he wasn't there! Stealth level 1000

Also, just wanted to say, I laughed so hard at this xD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.