Help on how to get better accuracy

declancase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I currently have a G&P Spec Ops and it has got alright range and accuracy but I would like it to be better. The first thing I want to buy is a Firefly Bucking/Hop UP Packin because there is some amazing reviews for the price, has anyone got experience with this item? The inner barrel of the gun is 292mm long, I haven't seen a tightbore barrel of this, has anyone got recommendations of what I can change this to?

Get a 300mm or 330mm MadBul tightbore inner barrel for your M4 and put a mock suppressor on the end to hide it? Or maybe cut one down to 292mm?

What ragged ends effect it if I were to cut it?

Yes,it will mess with airflow. You will need to recrown the barrel. This video is a good guide. The tool is called a Reamer.

Also check out Lonex/ASG ultimate barrels. I've been impressed by the quality. You might be able to find a 292mm barrel as well.

PDi barrels,especially tightbores are second to none in quality and their distributor,Xfire,do custom lengths for 10$,using a precision lathe and all that stuff.

Personally I would not cut a barrel on anything but a lathe,it needs to be precise to get all the best performance out of it..

Avoid madbull steel barrels for the time being,some very bad machining issues about. Wait until they get their act together.

You can improve accuracy with a new hop up nub,improving the air seal,shimming the hop up unit and washing your ammo. New hop up units also help,Tokyo Marui,G&G,SHS and Lonex units are very good quality in particular.

Washing BBs does have a good effect,gets all the mold release crap off of it allowing the bucking to grip it better. I'd wash the hop up bucking too, it could still have some mold release crap on it from the factory. I wash all that stuff in fairy liquid.

For accuracy 6.08,6.05,and 6.03 are good. Bore size hardly matters,bore quality and straightness have a much bigger impact. Bore quality since the BB rides the top and any cock ups in milling have a heavy effect,and straightness is needed for obvious reasons. Hence why people like to buy PDi and Laylax barrels since cheap barrels don't have as much tighter tolerances and QC so you do not get a full guarantee of performance,especially true with HK/ACM barrels from ZCI,SHS and the like.

• Supporters

Cleaning bbs is really a sniper trick. The kind of range you'll get from your gun I doubt it will make much difference.

I would get away 300mm length barrel, I will search for a few of the makes you just mentioned, thank you:)

That extra 8mm would probably still be in the flash hider which is perfectly fine. Plenty of 300mm barrels around.

Also,heavier BBs as suggested by Snuff is simple option,if your hop up unit can lift them,use them. Flight time is slower but the Kinetic energy will be retained better at range so they will fly farther(most noticeable on single shots),and the extra weight means less being knocked about by wind so more accuracy.

• Supporters

Surprisingly the heavier BBs aren't slower. On very close ranges the lighter BBs are faster but they loose speed much quicker and in our typical ranges heavier BBs have the same or even shorter flight time.

You will find you use far less bb's so the extra cost is outweighed,and you will more accurately outrange similar aeg's running .2's..anything running @300 fps would benefit from .25's,I certainly wouldn't go back..for single shoting they are great..give them a try...

I've had one of them in a previous AEG, the change was fairly noticeable. Just make sure you clean it OOTB! :)

I've used a few Madbull Black Python Version 2's and they are very good with noticably better accuracy. I've never had any jamming issues with them, but bear in mind the tighter the bore, the more likely this will happen unless you're very selective with ammo. I usually use Blaster or Blaster Devil 0.2 & 0.25s.

I also mate the Madbull barrel with a bog standard Marui Hop rubber and find this a reliable and economic upgrade on anything other than a super hi grade sniper. Not found some of the more fancy hop rubbers to be better or as consistent as the Marui tbh.

I'm going to order the Firefly Bucking and that barrel when they come in stock, hopefully combined they should improve my guns accuracy and range, also going try try out 0.25's, as I have only ever used. 20's:)

You could try just the new bucking, that alone may make a world of difference, before splashing out on a new barrel, nothing to lose at any rate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.