Gas inefficient Kimber Warrior GBB

microbug

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I recently bought a Kimber Warrior 009 from Only BB guns - yes, I now know it's a bad site, but the gun is OK. It's all metal and has an adjustable hop up, and it looks to be mostly compatible with hi-capa 5.1 parts (it's a clone of the TM kimber but in metal).

I'm not very experienced in airsoft, but I did have a gas non-blowback pistol before which lasted 3-4 mags on one fill of gas. Although GBBs are less efficient by nature, mine only gets through maybe 1/3 to 3/4 of a mag before running out of gas. I'm using a big Abbey predator canister which feels as though it has plenty left (I can feel the compressed gas moving when I shake it), and AFAIK I am filling the mag correctly; it doesn't leak audibly. The efficiency seems to have got worse since it arrived a few days ago.

Would oiling it help? I haven't oiled it yet as I haven't got any silicone oil, but I have stripped it a few times, maybe it is dirty or something...

I can post pics if needed.

What can I do to make it more efficient?

Thanks

The magazine is not leaking as far as I can tell. It is a hi-capa 5.1 clone one, so perhaps a genuine TM one would help...

I am thinking of buying an aluminium replacement slide.

O ring Piston heads help,much better instead of the traditional cup ones. Aluminum slides are lighter than zinc ones so it will help too. I'd personally get a plastic slide,metal 1911s have bad efficiency unless they are co2.

You can try use KJW co2 1911 mags but chances are the gun will grenade itself since WE(The OEM,estimating from the website) like to make thing out cheese.

Try oil up the slide a bit,using a little bit of white lithium grease. Then use some Pure silicone oil (Preferably not spray type) on the Piston head cup.

BTW those kimbers are based on the standard 1911 and not the hicapa. Hicapas have massive mags and are often gas efficient,even with metal slides,internals are a bit different too.

Most white lithium greases about have petroleum based stuff in them which east up rubber,use it only for metal to metal contact like the slide and slide rails,apply it lightly too since it's thick stuff. For silicone oil get pure stuff in a dropper or something,look at RC and hobby shops for 'shock oil' since that is all pure silicone.

BYW for anyone else looking for info, the Kimbers are (I have discovered) clones of the TM Hi-Capas. This is good as it means that parts are easy to find. Unrustle_Thine_Jimmies, the mags are pretty big, I'd guess maybe 30 (+1) rounds. They are Hi-Capa mag clones.

Really? The two tone kimbers I've seen on several websites all have the thin 1911 style mag.

Two tone sites are often shammy- I've now found that there are several guns with the identical name yet some are hicapa clones and some are 1911 clones.

Anyway,now that compatibility is sorted I guess it's best to finally source the parts needed for efficiency.

The magazine is definitely double stack. I agree with you about those two tone sites, all the ones with 'BB gun' in their name are run by the same company, iWholesales.

So far I haven't been able to find an OEM for my gun... It is a bit weird, the parts are TM clones but they are cast metal not ABS.

Parts list:

– Plastic slide (I will spray paint it so it's two tone before putting it on the gun): SA SAI Plastic Slide for TM Hi-Capa (BK)

– Slide stay (my slide stay locks the slide when the magazine is out of BBs but doesn't unlock when I pull it back): Element Long Slim Slide Stop for Marui Hi-Capa (Silver) . I tried stretching the safety/slide stay spring (and putting silicone oil on it) but it didn't help. Could I need a replacement metal nub: SA Safety Spring Plug Set for Marui Hi-Capa/M1911 GBB ?

– Piston head: ACTION Aluminum Piston Head for Marui/WE/KJ HI-CAPA/M1911A1/P226 GBB

– Sights: T.S.C. CNC Front and Rear Hi-Capa 5.1 Sight (Silver)

Some piston heads come with 'hammer buffers' – are these the metal pins that go in the magazine and open the valve when hit?

Ehobbyasia appears to have a 15% off sale on all items (10% off on guns) at the moment, and I'll get another 5% off if I make an account :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.