Obsession with MOLLE

Nickona

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

personal choice

And budget, too- you can get an SAAV or a cheapo Crossdraw-style vest for under £30, but the only viable MOLLE vests are over £50 and over £100 in some cases

I must admit, MOLLE is so much better than fixed pouches, my 1st tac vest a a viper one with fixed pouches.

I regret it now.

Getting a MOLLE plate carrier soon.

Now thats most likely down to the vest not the lack of MOLLE. As is the case with many rigs, even MOLLE, you need one that suits you and if you don't no amount of MOLLE will help that

I have also tended to note that people will usually put the pouches on a MOLLE rig basically in the same place as non-MOLLE rigs but with little change.. for instance I be the location of mag pouches on a low profile chest rig will most likely be the same as they are on my M83 chest rig. Pouches on my MOLLE belt rig are basically in the same places as they would be on PLCE

why it's better than fixed pouches?

As said thats the point of this thread :D

One point I feel hasn't be pointed out yet is that fact non MOLLE rigs do tend to be lighter and have a lower profile as you don't have the layer of material used the attach items.

However, for plate carriers I would probably suggest MOLLE, especially if they're being issued as you don't need to provide different carriers for different roles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.