Best plate carrier for me?

MealZ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I used to use ready made platecarriers (ie serbian army vests) a long time ago, it would rattle around and just irritate me. i would like to know what would be best for me.

I want MOLLE for a custom type build, olive but my chest is around 37" with my gear on, i can never find sizes for things and don't want to splash out on something that wont end up fitting snugly.

Thanks...

• Supporters

Plate carrier or chest rig?

My mistake, that is my chest size... i wrote waist by mistake. Fixing as we speak.

• Supporters

OK now we've established that, what's your budget?

I think ill keep having a look around to see what i can find.

I'm a 38inch chest and often plate carrier can come in too big sizes, but you jus need to know where too look and what type to get.

Firstly don't forget plate carrier are designed to carry plates, not to act as a glorified chest rig, so get some plates in to bulk it out and they fit 100x times better!

Secondly don't go for anything that more than 6 MOLLE columns across in the chest, this will be too big and will make aiming difficult.

Thirdly, make a note of how the plater carrier is designed to be used. MBSS look very small be are designed to be worn over armour or at least with armour so have large side straps meaning you won't get a snug fit without armour. Some on the other hand like the WAS DCS are signed to have armour internally and have smaller side straps.

Overall if I were you go for a WAS DCS, good quality, decent price and if it fits M_P's skinny ass it'll fit you :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.