Moving to Canada for a year, can i take my airsoft gear?

smileym89

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, im just wondering if anybody can give me some help.

I currently own a aeg and gbb pistol, i am moving to canada for a year and was wondering if anybody knew the rulings of me taking them over.

I understand that the item has to be:
-declared at customs (let them know everything, i hear that mentioning it is a replica "toy" similar to paintball helps)

-in a hard case box with a lock that TSA can open and inspect if needed

- i may have to pay an extra charge of bringing it in

Now i am just confused about whether it is actually legal for me bringing it into the country or whether i will end up getting there and getting arrested or what, i dont wanna take my chances and get the item seized but i dont know.

To kind of assist my case my AEG has a custom paint job and has a silver barrel and stock so if somebody was to just glance at it would thing it was a toy haha

Would having an orange tip help my case too?

• Supporters

Now here is a crazy idea why not buy a new set while you are over there? The you can come back with a second setup. Prices might be better over there and you might be able to access different bits.

Right.i.have lived.in.canada.and.im.going to being living there for a year in november. What i suggest is that you contact canadian customs. Canada is like america in that different provinces have.different laws. Where are you going.to.be living?? Find out the laws on airsoft there and what standard their guns have to be at. When are you headed over.

ok cool, i'm gonna be off to edmonton alberta. i am also leaving in november too :)

Contacted customs and im waiting for a reply, i have read so many contradictory statements - you definitely cannot import in whether its a country or an individual.

Also their FPS rates are laws, anything over 470fps or something like that is considered a firearm by their ideas and therefore need a firearms license which you have to take a course on. But like i said there is very limited info on whether you can bring one in.

i'll let you know if i hear back from customs

wait hang on, airsoft guns in Canada need to have clear plastic in them right?

If so, there are some good selections on Airsoft GI.

In Canada, the law is pretty awesome tbh. If your gun is over 350 FPS, it can be fully black. However, if not, it's got to be clear which isn't as bad as this:

89142877i2.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.