Yawns' Official Gear-Getting Thread!

Yawns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Here goes the gear (Minus Gun, Accesories and the rig)

Trousers

Mask <-- Is the one that comes with the starter pack on proairsoftsupplies, No reviews. Most of the sites I like have a rule where only over 16's can have split goggles and mesh lower face, A whole mask it would have to be really, If you want to recommend another feel free, Provided it isn't expensive. (No skulls or anything, I'm not a 'scary' person)

Shirt <-- IS AN EXAMPLE, Ofcourse I have a plain black shirt lol. If a site wants long sleeves, I'll throw on a thermal.

Boots <-- Adults sizes are expensive, I still fit into childrens sizes. Ima take advantage of that. They look comfy too.

Oh dear god correct me if I made a fatal mistake, Also, Feel free to add things, Just like 'Oh and you'll need a silly hat!' Thats not a problem, Infact, It's appreciated :)

I'd say spend a little more on face protection- you only get one set of eyeballs and 1 face! :)

Haha, Will do, I have glasses though :/ buying masks won't be a walk in the park :(

Face masks:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/black-bear-razor-black-mesh-mask

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=287_438&products_id=7270

This style can be used with glasses (or so I've been told), but I'd recommend trying one before you buy it. If not then use contact lenses - daily lenses are available for most prescription strengths these days (sadly not mine so I have monthly lenses).

I'll look into lenses then, coincidentally I did fencing for a long time a couple years back, them masks are awful for me, so I have 'tried' them in a sense, also, my local site would only allow a full face mask for under 16's, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I will look into lenses though, my mum has them and I could probably roll with her 'company' as they seem decent :)

EDIT - Just spoke to mum, she said I could get 'daily disposables' which I chuck away after the day, So I could wear them exclusively for games :)

If that's the case then you're sorted. I personally wouldn't use the starter kit mask you would have got since I've seen one of these fall to bits after half a days skirmishing. If you want something a bit different you could go for an "Army of Two" style mask though they really restrict aiming down sights because of how bulky they are.

What about this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Airsoft-tactical-safety-black/dp/B005OJU83Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1402258319&sr=8-5&keywords=airsoft+mask

Seems alright.

Just saw your message above, it's a no to all things skulls. I'm not that type of person if you know what I mean xD

For the price they seem reasonable enough. I think JT make masks for paintball so it should be strong enough for airsoft sites to a degree. CQB settings at least should be fine but I would be more weary at games that allow snipers (running ~500 fps at full tilt).

Off topic: missed you pointing out no "skull" style masks. My bad haha

Nah, you and Tac have been brilliant help, so I have so far -

-Gun

-rig (Won't buy until I buy more things and need a place to hold them)

-Clothing

-Mask

-Battery + Charger

-Pistol? - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/WE-M-P-BLUE--NO-UKARA--m_pblue.html - won't buy yet, just look damn cool for a two-tone ;)

Am I missing something.

Nah, you and Tac have been brilliant help, so I have so far -

-Gun

-rig (Won't buy until I buy more things and need a place to hold them)

-Clothing

-Mask

-Battery + Charger

-Pistol? - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/WE-M-P-BLUE--NO-UKARA--m_pblue.html - won't buy yet, just look damn cool for a two-tone ;)

Am I missing something.

Instead of that ready 2tone pistol I'd get one sprayed. Reason being you can remove blue spray paint but you can't remove the colour from blue plastic. Other than that, all you'll need is a few bottles/bags of BBs. There's a few places that have deals on Blasters 0.20g bottles

• Supporters

The second most expensive thing you buy should be your eye protection.

Don't cheap out on it, cheap lenses will fog and be generally unpleasant to wear, especially if you're full face!

Get a decent set of mil spec goggles and one of the sansei style full face masks you linked earlier. Remove the lower half of the sansei mask and cable tie it to the goggles. Voila, instant full face protection that you can rely on 100% to stop a BB and will be more resistant to fogging.

Decent footwear? Unless you're classing that as clothing.

WE have gotten better at making gas pistols - their earlier models were prone to developing issues.

That said, sidearms are a personal preference really. If you use it regularly then spend that much on it, if not (like most people) then I'd either save the cash or buy something cheaper that does the job. You can pick up decent used sidearms for next to nothing (there's a few on the for sale forum here) which can be easily two toned by spraying the slide.

• Supporters

here's an example of home-brew full face that I was talking about earlier;

IMG_1568.jpg

ESS Profile goggles with a sansei type lower cable tied on, I've also covered mine in multi cam tape but paint is just as effective.

If you go down that route though, block up all the vents in the bottom and remove all the foam from the side and top vents, otherwise all your hot moist breath will go straight up into the goggles and fog you out in seconds.

Yeah, the pistol really was just one that I thought looked cool. As for the boots, scroll up, I reckon I linked some from go outdoors. As for the slip facemask thing, i 'm not 100% on what you mean, I'll look into it though :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.