Accessories for VFC HK417?

Super64
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I decided to get the VFC HK417. It's on order from Landwarrior and I'll get it next month when I'm on the database. Until then I'm trying to get the bits and pieces together to kit it out.

I'm trying to decide on a scope, think I'll go for an ACOG, but I'm not sure if that might be a bit small when fitted to what is quite a big gun.

I'm having more difficulty deciding on a silencer. I'm unsure about what makes will fit. Does anyone know what makes will fit with little to no tampering with the barrel?

Hi super,

if you feel like the ACOG is too small, then have a look at the elcan spectre; similar to the ACOG but with a bulkier appearance. But have a look at some pictures/videos to see whether you like it or not. Also, make sure the silencer has a 14mm CCW thread on it, otherwise it won't fit to your gun.

Yeah Monty, this is all about styling ;-) . I don't need a silencer or sight for my style of play, but I want to add them to the gun to make it look better. So as you say it's all about what suits me :-)

I'm looking from a technical point of view and wanting to be sure that whatever I buy will fit the gun before I spend cash and find it's useless. Thanks Zak I'll look out for stuff with a 14mm CCW thread.

Think about weight.

Ive got a 416. With all the furniture, its gets heavy. Elcan is nice but weighty.

If you're ever planning to put all the bits on, particularly a grenade launcher, every few grams count when you're lugging it round.

Either go for what you like or if you want a specific look, google to see what is commonly used on your chosen loadout.

Ive got an EoTech and magnifier sitting behind it on mine.

Sounds like you're in the anticipation phase - gun purchased, waiting for delivery.

Studying RS manuals, sweaty palms, reading write ups, choosing furniture - we've all been there ! lol

ACOG suits the 417 more than the elcan personally.

A nice scope wouldn't look out of place though. Only need about 4x though but it fits the DMR role.

Thanks for the advice guys, I've stuck my orders in, can't wait until it all arrives. It's just a shame I've got to wait a bit longer to get my gun. Once I've got it and kitted it out I'll stick a photo in the relevant thread.

As an ex -417 user I can tell you that the main thing you should be buying are 1. A good sling cos its a beast. and 2. Extra mags cos they cost a friggin fortune. Get them whilst you can.

I've ordered two extra mags to come with mine, just need to order a couple of mag pouches to house them. I've also just received my Mil-force MOLLE vest from Zero One which has a sling attached. It's really good quality and it takes the weight of my M16/M203 combo which by all accounts is heavier than the 417 so it should be ok. Fingers crossed.

Begdadi do 417 pouches for a decent price

Begdadi do 417 pouches for a decent price

Evil is that spelt right? I've done a search and not getting anything to do with airsoft or pouches.

Just done some playing around on Google and found Begadi. Guess that's what you meant.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but maybe someone will see it. I have brought a silencer to go on my hk 417 but it wont fit. It is an 14 mm ccw silencer so why am i having no luck with it

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Cptslow said:

I know this is an old post but maybe someone will see it. I have brought a silencer to go on my hk 417 but it wont fit. It is an 14 mm ccw silencer so why am i having no luck with it

Create a new topic in the Advice & Technical Help section.  The more details you provide (and included pictures) the better other members can help.

• Head Moderator

Please check the dates on threads before posting. This topic is quite old.

If the topic starter would like this thread reopened, please PM me with a link back to this topic.

This is a general message which helps us speed up forum moderation.

Thank you.

Archived