Pistol holsters

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm debating weather chest holster or drop leg holster for my pistol is the best option.

When I was down drakelow tunnels last month I could hear one guy coming from miles away because his holster was squeaking with every movement he did. The marshall was laughing saying "I bet he's got a ____?___ holster on. I can't remember which he said but when he asked him he was right. If anybody knows which one might have such a reputation for it then I could do with the heads up before I buy it unknowingly.

Also, are they pretty secure or is it worth buying the leash too?

Used to run a drop leg but found it restrictive and the cloth ones swing about like wrecking balls. Have since gone with belt mounted holsters (IMI PX4).

Brands to look out for (Real steel)

Blackhawk Serpa

Safariland

IMI

• Supporters

Always worth buying a lanyard in my opinion, you can still drop your pistol even if it's in your hand!

A lot of cheap copies about of the Blackhawk and Safariland stuff as the real stuff can be quite pricey. Fobus are worth a look too as the real deal kit isn't particularly pricey. Also IMI Roto Holsters.

You will find though that weapon choice may restrict you in the range of holsters you can use. For example there's plenty of M92 holsters about but not many for the M9A1 with a rail. God forbid you want a holster for an M9 WITH a torch on! Glock and Sig seem to be the de rigeur choice these days and every man and his dog does a hundred different holsters for them!

Drop leg holsters flap around a lot so they're not great. I would also suggest a polymer / paddle holster like Mack and Lozart.

If you have a look on eBay there is an Israeli seller called zahalorg. They also have a website called zahal.org. They do IMI and FOBUS holsters at good prices.

You have a couple of M9 pistols right? I know that WE pistols are usually a bit too big for real steel holsters (because they are not completely 1:1 scale) but I'm not sure about other brands.

You can get a holster with a paddle attachment to fit under the waistband and also buy it with a MOLLE adapter so it will attach to your plate carrier / belt platform / chest rig.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMI-Defense-Retention-Roto-Holster-For-Beretta-92-96-IMI-Z1250-/351039063511?pt=US_Holsters&var=&hash=item51bb8f05d7

Here's a FOBUS M92 Holster:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fobus-Paddle-Holster-for-Beretta-92F-BR2-/350804993490?pt=US_Holsters&hash=item51ad9b65d2

Thanks all ^

I didn't want the leg holster tbf so I'm glad you've advised against them. They're just a lot cheaper.

I've had a look at the links you sent Mr B, call me stupid but when I'm selecting my options, there isn't an option to add the holster itself, just the paddle belt clip or molle etc... Should I assume the holster is included regardless of option. It's just seems very cheap for the whole lot

• Supporters

I run drop leg blackhawk panel and hip plate just depends what type of game is running will depend on which I go for

• Supporters

Drop leg holsters flap around a lot so they're not great. I would also suggest a polymer / paddle holster like Mack and Lozart.

Drop leg holsters ONLY flap about if you're using them wrong. Prime example was the guy at The Malls at the weekend whose pistol was pretty much next to his knee. Granted the serpa/safariland styles are better as they have a rigid backplate that fits to your thigh but even then, most people have them set way too low and way too loose.

My M9A1 (Socom Gear desert combat edition - all metal) is a heavy beast and it certainly doesn't flap about! The top strap on the drop leg needs to be pretty much scraping your nuts (but not actually - chafing is bad m'kay).

• Supporters

They are TM M9's

With the rail? Best bet (in my opinion at least) would be either the IMI one that Airsoft_Mr B linked to or a Safariland style. They won't fit a standard M92/96 holster because the rail makes the frame below the barrel too wide.

Ultimately it really depends on personal preference, the TM pistols aren't so heavy that wearing them on your chest will be an issue as long as your chest rig/PC is set up right. If it's not adjusted correctly it'll sag under the weight.

• Supporters

That'll be the M9 Tactical Master then (grip is a dead giveaway). Should be fine in a standard M92 or M96 compatible holster.

The IMI listing on Ebay - the selection drop down is to pick which attachment you want on the holster, the listing is for a holster you just select wether you want paddle/belt/Molle attachments etc. Pick whichever you think is the most likely way you'll want to wear it because you can buy the different attachments quite easily if you fancy a change!

I prefer drop leg jobbies myself as I don't like anything on my chest other then a tshirt. I also don't like pistols on belts as the slightly higher position is awkward for me due to my build. I've never ever had a problem with flapping about but I do always make sure the holster is very tight both on my leg and clipped into my belt with no slack also. I use either twin TM desert eagles or a marushin ragin bull revolver (6.5" barrel) all of which are super heavy and as previously stated with zero flap! I only have a viper holster for the d'eagles and an unknown brand for my raging bull so hardly Gucci at all but still work absolutely fine.

Pretty much if anything isn't strapped tight to you it's going to make noise wether it be radio pouches, holsters, drop leg molle platforms, etc. You know when it's strapped tight enough because when you move you can't feel that it's on. If it's cuts off blood supply then obviously it's too tight lol.

On a slightly funny note, I even go as far to wear cycling shorts under my replica crye trousers as I don't want my codpiece flapping around either. That can get quite uncomfortable if not kept in check lol

Only had issues with drop leg platforms when they are not properly fitted. My own was a cheap £6 one off eBay that seems to fit everything except my mk23.

• Supporters

Ditto the dropleg of course... http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/uksf-misc/special-forces.php

That's the great thing about the internet - you can find a photo to prove pretty much ANY point ;)

I can recommend the Fobus kit - I use a left-hand paddle holster in the small of my back for covert carry (even though I'm right-handed).

I've also just ordered one of these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-M9-Pistol-Holster-with-Double-Magazine-Pouch-/251535642800?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item3a90b150b0 ) as they're very good value.

They tend to be VERY stiff when new so if you get one, you'll need to break it in

post-8826-0-40190200-1402066986_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.