1980/1990's British SF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

want to build a load-out around my car-15 commando rifle with a fat arse suppressor (similar to Gary Gordon's rifle in Black hawk down minus the aimpoint), i'm aware they were issued to the SAS in the 80's and 90's..

As far as i'm aware, they were issued pattern 58 or plce webbing, i'd rather use the plce as it will accommodate stanag mags!

camo would suppose be c95 dpm, otherwise i'm stuck.. i have an osprey mk2, some desert 95 and mtp bdu's and a mk 6 a helmet with all the camo covers.. but i'm aware the sas weren't keen on helmets..

trying to find some decent pics but can't find anything useful!

What is milsim I know it might be a stupid question but what is it?

It's a type of skirmish event- Milsim is an abbreviation of Military Simulation. Milsims vary in extremity; some might have you up at 3AM on sentry duty, following British Army/US Army/whatever faction's harbour area drills (A harbour area is basically a triangular secure camping space; the drills are what you do, so it could be tent pitching or clearing a noticeable path around the perimeter) whereas other milsims can be more relaxed.

They generally include mag capacity limits, loose ammo limits and kit limitations. A lot of hiking and tabbing around the 'battle area' is required.

1980's to 1990's even post Falklands is very vague, you'd need to give tighter timings and a theatre

If you're going, I have this kit and want a realistic loadout for it then thats not the best way about doing it, I speak from experience there!

That doesn't really help much at all... SF loadouts are far more specific than people think/want to beleive.

Your best bet is a Golf War 1 scud hunter kit.

For that you'll want

M16 with M203, sprayed with loose tan and green stripes (well weathered)

Pre S95 Desert DPM shirt and trousers

Mix of OG PLCE and ALICE webbing, again pained tan

Old GW1 desert boots

Old issue shemagh

And thats about it

You could get away with a CAR-15 but wouldn't exactly be correct

just for general info unless the M203 is barrel mounted it won't be correct for any loadout

yeah it's barrel mounted, but the barrel on my car 15 is a stubby so the front clip doesn't fit, so voila some thin cord tied on extremely tightly and kaboom there you have it!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.