Just got a G&G Scar-L and i want to upgrade it any idea's?

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The obsession with RPS is mainly linked to obsession with pushing things to the limit and even the previously mentioned being a sh*t shot,or just feeling like slinging more plastic down range. 40 RPS Is a nice way to get people to take their hits. The main benefit of high speed guns is very fast trigger response. However this highly depends on the build,you can have 10:1 super high speed gears yet only push 28RPS on an 11.1 because you have an ultra slow 28 TPA torque motor and have near PTW quality of response(Especially if you have a hair trigger)

Personally I'd let people Use whatever guns they please,even in milsims. I've seen plenty of sights where people with 40RPS monsters walk slowly towards the enemy,suppressing them and wasting massive amounts of ammo only to get killed by one shot. No matter how good the gun is it's useless in the hands on a git who cannot into hittings largest side of barn.

May need to re-word this bit (git who cannot into hittings largest side of barn.) but i got the jist and i totally agree

I get not everyone is a milsimmer, myself included. But, what is this obsession with rps? You are shooting RIFs, the real steel fires at roughly 1.5 rps (unless Google lies), so unless you are an absolute sh*t shot, why does anyone want a 40rps bullshit set up? Learn to shoot and learn to shoot single shot, your life will be made instantaneously better by not being a hi-cap wanker and you will have far more accuracy and range as your gun will perform a full-stroke for every shot. 40rps is bollox, if you need that you need some f*cking training!

Get your guns shooting straight, get some range, get some skills..... using anything over 1 hicap a game shows you are a hit and hope. (I am not against hicap mags as they save weight etc, but ffs learn some trigger discipline!)

Not everyone likes the sound of gears grinding for a while before a shot is actually fired... people want instant response. Plus the sound and image of many BBs going into one direction is intimidating on the receiving end.

I get not everyone is a milsimmer, myself included. But, what is this obsession with rps? You are shooting RIFs, the real steel fires at roughly 1.5 rps (unless Google lies), so unless you are an absolute sh*t shot, why does anyone want a 40rps bullshit set up? Learn to shoot and learn to shoot single shot, your life will be made instantaneously better by not being a hi-cap wanker and you will have far more accuracy and range as your gun will perform a full-stroke for every shot. 40rps is bollox, if you need that you need some f*cking training!

Get your guns shooting straight, get some range, get some skills..... using anything over 1 hicap a game shows you are a hit and hope. (I am not against hicap mags as they save weight etc, but ffs learn some trigger discipline!)

Thats your opinion and i respect that, I used to run my scar how you described & could get about around 30/40 kills a day and only fire about 1000 bb's at tops.

However now i only play at CQB and urban sites where accuracy and range is no issue at all. With how I have my scar now i have instant trigger response, i can scare the shite out of opponents when they see 50 bbs travelling their way, i can lay suppressive fire very well, but i can still accurately eliminate opponents from 40 meters away on single shot. Im also using it at a milsim event in September and the marshals have already said its okay to use the gun as long as i dont go overkill and not use drum mags.

Sure its not realistic but am i doing any harm by using my gun how i like?

Guest PT247

My opinion stems mainly from being repeatedly over shot by chaps with high rof guns, I can handle getting hit by 2 or 3 BBs when I poke my head up but 10+ is out of order and does get me angry. Last night I was pissed and my post was a tad aggressive which I apologise for as it does sound like I am insulting folk.

In a CQB environment surely a high rof is irrelevant... arn't they semi only? The fast trigger response I get but that can be done with an AB MOSFET, I guess you could then program in a 3 round burst rather than full auto which would possibly stop or at least reduce over shooting to a safer level.

I am actually beginning to fall out of love with my G18c due to its high rof as I only use it in close quarters and don't feel it is right to drill someone with it. Gonna get myself a TM G17 I think soon as I have been so impressed with the TM G18c except for the above issue.

the issue i have is being shot full auto with such a setup at short range, the faster the rps the more likely for shots to hit the same spot. now think of any thread youve seen testing mesh googles etc. uber high rps is also likely to really peeve someone off a lot more if you accidentally over kill at short range( which happens) with great power comes great responsibility...

Most of the games I play are either defined as semi auto or I end up there anyway because I don't need to pepper my target. I find my mediocre 12 rps is more than sufficient to scare my poor targets into being suppressed, infact 1-2 rounds will do that job. So far I have used auto fire just once. My team had pushed up and as we hit the enemy all my team mates died. I was literally on my own facing most of the enemy team. I was in cover and I just started firing, burst here, burst there, a spray in the general direction of a group on full auto for a couple of seconds. All of it to make them think there were more of us still alive than there was. My plan was to hold out until my team reinforced me and I racked through the ammo to do it. I got through 350 rounds mighty fast, but even against about 10 guys on my own I still don't think 30 rps would have made a blind bit of difference to my situation or my enemies fear factor than the 12 rps I was using. Infact I kind of wished it was a bit lower as I couldn't keep up with that ammo consumption for too long. 1 round per second suppression on semi was not going to be sufficient in that scenario but 12 rps was probably unnecessarily wasteful.

When it comes to gun upgrades I think the key is actually accuracy. If you can get your gun shooting consistently and with great distance then by and large the rof doesn't make much practical difference in game. In my mind if I do end up full autoing I am either overkilling or suppressing, you just don't need that many rounds to get the hit and its safer and hurts other people less if that rof is lower. I am not playing the game to hurt other people, 30 rps is just too painful to be on the receiving end of and its unnecessary when 1-2 rounds would have done the same job. I pretty much double tap most shots these days and then wait for the hit and arm. That in many peoples eyes is probably overkill, but spraying the poor fellow with 30 rounds is a good way to get punched by your opponent.

Very interesting forum discussion, I am a lover of doing lots of modifications to my guns. My problem with my Scar is the stock release button after it broke at a recent skirmish. Have other people had similar problems.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.