Scopes, sights and something weird underneath!?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

zI0Ukub.jpg

Okay I saw this photo on someone's signature and think it looks sick but I just have two questions:

1: Under the front rail at the front mounted underneath, what is that and what is it called?

2: I know little about eotech sights and similar scopes, do you need to combine them with another scope and can someone recommend two sights that I could use like in the picture above?

Thanks for the help

GREG

I don't think there's another system like the EOTech magnifier + holographic. Magnified sights aren't useful for standard AEGs as it'll take longer to aim and get the sight onto a target (smaller FOV and all that) and 9/10 times you engage someone it'll be with the red dot/holographic or iron sights. Telescopic sights are only really useful on sniper rifles and DMR standard AEGs.

It's a MAGPUL AFG1, as said above. The PTS version is about £30 but I have seen a UK seller doing a clone version for £9 shipped on eBay. I don't have it saved on my iPad but I can get post a link to it later.

You don't need the magnifier for an EOTech Holographic but it gives you a 3x magnification and you can flip it to the side for when it in use and have no zoom.

The 3x Magnifier is purely for the aesthetics of the rifle and not the practical side of Airsoft.

I'm getting myself an ACOG sight with Doctor sight to replace the Eotech/Flip to side sights.

I'd say a magnifier is pretty useful.

Another option would be having a magnified optic by itself, yet it is slower to aim. Plus, your peripheral vision is limited.

Alternatively you could have a scope with a Docter sight on top, but they are most likely going to be more expensive.

A magnifier can be quickly flipped up or down when needed to adapt for CQC or longer range engagements - and you can aim quicker using a red dot / holographic.

By the way I just bought an AFG myself (the one I linked)

I'd say a magnifier is pretty useful.

Another option would be having a magnified optic by itself, yet it is slower to aim. Plus, your peripheral vision is limited.

Alternatively you could have a scope with a Docter sight on top, but they are most likely going to be more expensive.

A magnifier can be quickly flipped up or down when needed to adapt for CQC or longer range engagements - and you can aim quicker using a red dot / holographic.

However most AEGs won't have the range and accuracy to take full advantage of a magnified sight, so most of the time they're useless for anything but recon on the other team- and even then you can do the job better with a monocular or small pair of binos which would cost less and likely be more effective.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.