Difference of Burst Wizards?

declancase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The cheaper one is always sold out?

I can't remember where I got mine, or which version but all I use if for is to set a burst count of 1, 2, 3 or full auto. The rest of the features are just too complicated to remember how to do them :)

Yeah I realised there is twice as more features but I was also wondering if the cheaper one is better for the money considering it's sold out

I think basically the difference is just added features and price. If I remember correctly I had to get the more expensive one because the cheaper one is always sold out. I have never seen it in stock.

• Supporters

If you check the small print on the burst wizzard site, they're only selling the latest version which is why the others are not available.

The more expensive one has more features including a resetable fuse. This means if anything goes wrong with your gun it will stop you from firing. You don't have to do anything to reset it, just wait a few seconds. But that can save you a lot of money compared to having to buy a new motor or gearbox.

Okay, second thoughts now you mention that resetable fuse, might as well spent a little extra for that, hopefully will benefit me in the future, thanks for you're replies guys :)

• Supporters

Just got a Cyber Gun or Swiss Arms Burst Control Mosfet

Similar to Avocado Burst

or look for the Avocado Burst II or 2 Mosfet - supposed to be an improved model

more features and all that but anyway my cheapo mosfet:

2 to 30 shot Mini Tamiya Male & Female - Plug n Play

or plug & shoot I suppose.....

8.4v 9.6v NiMh & 7.4v 1`1.1v LiPo

(suppose 9.9v LiFe would work - but dunno if 9.6v or 11.1v setting would be right)

Set power setting, then hold down trigger until you hear beep

eg: 4 round burst + 1 that you hold down = 5

4 trigger pulls plus one more that you hold down until you hear beep again

That is it - 4 round burst fire set on a Full Auto

Can change or disable on the field - no removal required

says also can be removed and will still remember burst programming up to 15 round burst

over 15 and you will have to re do it - no biggy but handy if swapping guns over @ halftime

(or main weapon goes faulty - easy to install in backup weapon if you have one)

When using this in burst - must hold down trigger for all 4 shots

(it ain't like COD - 1 tap pull = 3 burst fire)

if you don't and release trigger halfway through cycle and fire again it don't work properly

so get used to holding down trigger for full cycle/burst then fire burst again etc.....

(not sure but latest Avocado might let you just tap it and it bursts away on its own - but don't quote me)

looks idiot proof - well I fitted it, :)

but only just got it so will try it out this weekend n see

Reading up though a TRUE MOSFET is normally wired into trigger switch like the Gate merf 3.2

but they ain't cheap, and just wanted to try out a new gimmick without soldering

mine looks like the cheaper one. the functions I can remember is

1-9 burst, function where you can set it to continue on auto after a sec if you hold the trigger in. I really only got it to be able to "lock" guns to semi.

I find having the burstwizard gives me slower trigger response, thou others have said the opposite.

oh and it tend to get burn-your-fingers type hot. and as mentioned, you have to hold down the trigger during the entire burst.. really it's just limiting how many shots you shoot on auto.

• Supporters

True Mosfet seems to be wired to trigger and can use a lower switch voltage to the Mosfet and then the 8.6v to motor etc.....

Mosfets are very very fast acting electronic switches and a massive improvement over the old mechanical relays

Sorry for very rough electronics lesson - but is in effect what they are

and have built some crude mosfet switching circuits with voltage regulators etc... for some odd projects I have done

As i said looking on some other forums these plug n play ones are not the exact same same as the top of the range ones

BUT - mainly bought coz might be going to another site and they run ammo limit and low to mid cap mags only

What with being noobish to say the least and very trigger happy at times.....

It might come in handy on sites that limit ammo - will be fun to see what happens

These plug n play ones - well there might be a very very very slight delay - milli-seconds if that unless the unit is faulty or crap

I can't see it improving response time coz it has to switch another circuit and splitting hairs has more wire I would of thought

However - the ones that you wire in to the trigger switch should give you a faster response

But taking it apart and soldering is not for everybody so lets see how the plug n play one goes

I very much doubt it has a fantasitic over-run protection as the higher end mosfets and all their features...

but they can give you option to limit or customise the burst - some have battery warnings and some other bells n whistles too

Nearly bought the Gate one but that was £50 and trigger wire install to get full effect

Ended up getting 2 cheapo Mosfets for £51 from Hong Kong - delivered in a week - wow

Avocado II one is about £29 with a few more features - see ebay

Or may get Gate later if and when I get to do a custom rebuild - rewire a SRC Dragon from front wire to rear wire etc....

Also Gates uses deans connector but no big deal if I am rewiring front to rear battery etc....

(Jeez Gate mosfet would be getting close to what the friggin gun cost me - hmmmm will see how cheapo one performs)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.