In game advice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

"Don't be afraid to take charge" but don't be a dick about it. Not everyone likes a chairborne general shouting "MOVE THE FUCK UP!!!" in their ear at every door way or choke point.

"Don't be afraid to take charge" but don't be a dick about it. Not everyone likes a chairborne general shouting "MOVE THE f*ck UP!!!" in their ear at every door way or choke point.

Ughh, I hate people shouting at me, telling me to do stupid things, unless they are warning me about a flanking enemy or something that poses a threat. But if I'm right next to them they don't have to shout like I'm on the other side of the pacific ocean.

"Don't be afraid to take charge" but don't be a dick about it. Not everyone likes a chairborne general shouting "MOVE THE f*ck UP!!!" in their ear at every door way or choke point.

I'll admit I'm guilty of this, but only when no one seems willing to push forward - even if they're on unlimited respawn.

Move slowly, but surely. Movement automatically draws the eye. If you spot a member of the opposite team (OT). Take time to observe, see if there are anymore around. Move forward and try to keep cover between you and your objective. Get prone!! I am amazed at the amount of players who would rather stand behind a tree than get down low, it also makes it more difficult for the OT to see where your BBs are coming from! But most of all ENJOY the day and take your hits!!

i dont like doing it and generally dont but the last day i was out we were being team killed by people near our spawn constantly who even with a lucky shot wouldnt have reached the enemy. moving forward also helps with target identification. i got so annoyed with it i ended up going for an area with few of our team and pllaying without support. not how i want to act or play...

• Supporters

I'll admit I'm guilty of this, but only when no one seems willing to push forward - even if they're on unlimited respawn.

In these situations I/we (my buddies are of a similar mindset) tend to go for the "lead by example" approach of using the age old battle cry "Oh FFS, get out of the way" and charging headlong into the foe. Sometimes it breaks the stalemate, sometimes it just serves as amusement but either way - it's not me standing in the midst of a gagglefuck anymore!

that looks like a sweet site and his runs as i call wm usually paid off quite well. wouldnt have gotten anywhere near the kills(or deaths tbh) sitting back exchanging fire... a couple of the guys at our site have that same playstyle and its pretty dam effective.

• Supporters

A well timed charge will usually see you get taken out but not until you take out a few enemy and cause enough consternation to let your team make some ground.

For a masterclass in aggressive play watch some of the Northern Alliance game day headcam videos eg

2:01 perfect example of what SHOULD happen when pyro goes in.

By any chance could somebody post the basic text link for the above-discussed video please? The device I use to browse this forum can't load embedded media but I'm dying to see this!

Here you go.

Northern Alliance Airsoft - Game Day - 20/04/14 - Tom's Headcam

I would say communication and co-ordination are pretty key to your team's effectiveness. Just talk / relay anything that is useful (except if you're dead!) and it should help you to be a lot more successful.

In terms of personal skills I don't have much to say but transition your rifle to the other shoulder when you go around corners and things so you are less exposed. 'Slice the pie' / keeping your pistol close go your chest in CQC and things like that. It helps a lot to do anything you can that could help in close quarters when speed and manueverability is so important.

Blimey - nice vid and great site - full on

was getting bit of room-spin just watching it :)

They are on the perimeter of an RAF base in N Yorkshire, their site includes old bunkers, bobmb stores and service buildings..

That vid is awesome! It's odd because everyone plays cod/battlefield like that but when they play airsoft they are much more reserved/reluctant.

I can only assume people can be a bit jitterish with the thought of getting hit close up.

I love this style of aggressive play because you get a lot of scores and it's much more fun then sat hiding waiting to be hit.

I recently aquired two desert eagles and oddly I get a lot more kills with them then when I play with my scar h. Yes you do get lit up badly when you get it wrong but that's part of the fun of the game

That vid is awesome! It's odd because everyone plays cod/battlefield like that but when they play airsoft they are much more reserved/reluctant.

I can only assume people can be a bit jitterish with the thought of getting hit close up.

I love this style of aggressive play because you get a lot of scores and it's much more fun then sat hiding waiting to be hit.

I recently aquired two desert eagles and oddly I get a lot more kills with them then when I play with my scar h. Yes you do get lit up badly when you get it wrong but that's part of the fun of the game

Considering how big you are mate, I'm not surprised you get lit up quite badly - you've got the "intimidation" look going BEFORE you pick up a weapon :D

My biggest bit of advice would be coordinate and communicate!

Far too many times yo just have people rush of without any clear idea of whats going on or what other people are doing.. when theres a plan everything works so much better!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.