In game advice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's not worth keeping an eye on.

What that means is that just because it seems too obvious a hiding place/ambush site/route to an objective for people to use it doesn't mean you should ignore it. I've seen it many times where a team have overlooked these areas and not guarded them sufficiently because they didn't think anyone would be "stupid" enough to use it - for some reason they're always surprised when someone does use it and usually to great effect.

If that makes any sense haha :D

whole bunch of 'enemies' are you're all alone? No problem! That's what full auto is for! CHAAAAARGE!! oh and don't forget the battle cry.

apart form that.. well, don't be afraid of getting hit, it doesn't hurt much, and would it leave a scar you got a story to tell! take your hit even if unsure, have fun, don't be too serious, especially not while not playing.

Know what cover is reliable,know approximate enemy location,and run like hell. The more you move the harder you are to flank and hit. Think up of a pattern of which piece of cover to run to,like a vidya game boss fight if you will. As you run take pot shots at the enemy to pin them down. I think there's a photo of me one handing me vsr and firing at someone while running across a field :P

When being stealthy,always assume enemies are nearby. When you pop out always be ready to fire,never assume friendly fire. I've made this mistake too much. When you see someone when popping out of cover do not pop back and hide,fire at them and move or retreat.

Its more important to know who the enemy and friendlies are and what they are doing than to be shooting at the enemy. Battlefield awareness is the first step to being able to make the right response to the current situation. No plan survives contact with the enemy, the key is to understand as well as possible what is happening and respond to it.

My advice: Listen to your team.

Unless it's along the lines of "just stand in front of me a moment" haha :D

oh a very important thing.. remember the 'enemy' is actually your friends. save for trying to cover em in bbs, no hostility should be displayed. someone took you out with a very unlikely shot? "-Hit! Nice one mate!!"

run like hell.

this. too many slowfooted players.

• Supporters

Know your limits - with me I am total crap at the game

so if anything I am the Sitting Duck or the one that draws out most of the enemy's attention whilst

the more skilled players engage or flank them.

I was in one game heavily pinned down getting my a$$ shot to pieces behind cover

yeah I ain't getting out of this at all - maybe 5 even 10 mins abosolutely no chance of peeking

But whilst they was having all this target practice pinning me down, some of my team siezed the chance

and totally slaughtered them from rear left flank - job done

Sure it was crap boring game but I know I am noobish so hang back or take a slightly different route to the pro's

or even the opposite route to objective to keep them on their toes

Apart from that - Run to cover - don't stroll or jog there - move ya a$$

Learn to peek - swapping hands so you don't expose too much when peeking left

(peek low - like prone on ground level is also perhaps safer than just stick ya head out)

SHUT UP - seriously - don't jibber jabber on field, whisper sign gestures etc... to avoid giving away ya team

Play fair, call hits, walk quietly back to safe/respawn hand up etc.....

Talk to the pro's at break/lunch and watch n learn how they do it

If you get ya ar$e kicked - learn from it

(winners never analyse games but losing teams always look back & learn so losing can be a good thing)

I am still learning, but it is fun playing soldiers

• Supporters

If I could give only one piece of advice - Don't be a dick.

If I could give more - have fun and don't be a dick.

Don't be scared to take charge of a situation

Keep hydrated

Know where your team is/going

Know your own limits and your team mates

Listen

"Don't be scared to take charge of a situation" <== This. It's remarkable how many times your entire team will stack up on a main route, get contacted and bogged down and NOT try to innovate, happy to just sit and duckshoot. So what it's your first time? Try tapping the rearguard on the shoulder, politely get a few people's attention and suggest "looks like that route will get us around this", it might go wrong or you might instigate the clutch play your team needed, or hell the regular you ask may simply tell you that way goes OOB or won't work. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This leads into my tip: I've noticed a lack of will to take the messier, muddier paths amongst my fellow airsofters. I love 'softing on shitty English days, cause I can usually count on the bulk of enemy players taking the 'easy' route and clumping up ripe for the ambush. IME the road less travelled is the road less bloodbathed, and sure you'll have to clean up your boots afterwards but not before you've cleaned up their whole team with a wicked flank attack!

Find someone on your team to partner up with (If there's alot of you who came along by yourselves). Work together, cover eachother, and make a new friend. Also, beats crawling around behind enemy lines by yourself with no friendlies with eyes on you, that could turn tragic.

move up. get annyoed when people sit back nearly at respawn shooting... giving themselves the dfficulty of hitting usually at too large a range, with narrow views etc... just move up and help with the thickest fighting. im not saying jump into the front line but unless we are defending staying so far back puts the team at a disadvantage...

When attacking: If someone on your team is shooting then someone else should be moving.

exactly i keep getting stranded and pinned in enemy territory as noone else is pushing up hard enough. might be fun for me but dosent help the game mode...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.