Private game ,

onion

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright people , thinking about organising a little private skirmish , would I realisticly need any kind of insurances , obvs it will be a few good friends , but was just gonna invite a few others , just didn't wanna do it and get in any trouble .

If your organizing a game through an existing skirmish site then they will have insurance to cover your private game. Private games are available at most sites, just call them for more details.

It's more to do with covering the site owners as well as the players.

Doesn't bother me too much , like anything slightly extreme sports wise , know the risks when you do it :P

Doesn't bother me too much , like anything slightly extreme sports wise , know the risks when you do it :P

and thats fine if its a risk to you and all the people you invite might think the same but if something serious happens and someone loses and eye or breaks a leg and it impairs their ability to work you see how quickly those people forget about that and get a brief on the phone.

Its not worth th erisk.

• Supporters

and thats fine if its a risk to you and all the people you invite might think the same but if something serious happens and someone loses and eye or breaks a leg and it impairs their ability to work you see how quickly those people forget about that and get a brief on the phone.

Its not worth th erisk.

This.

Most sites will have public liability insurance to cover themselves against people getting hurt. Pyro is the main issue here, insurance companies will want to approve any type of pyro used and will charge appropriately. It's why sites are so hot on only using specific pyro. Even an seemingly innocuous Mk5 can turn your hand to mince if you hold onto it for too long.

Problem is the blame culture we live in. if someone trips on a rock, they dont say "damn, I tripped because I didn't look properly... this sucks, lets get to the NHS!".. rather they said "damn, I didn't see that rock... let's sue the site owner!!". So the insurance is basically there to make sure the site owner wont be sued to oblivion. Also so that police know that you're there.

I hate all those regulations. There are plenty of organised games where I live, but I don't tend to go to them. I much more enjoy to set a time a few days in advance, show up, chill, have fun with friends, laugh, spend too much time in safe zone and go for a pizza afterwards.

Airsoft Edinburgh do private skirmishes at set prices for set times. They are extremely expensive though, for 1 hour, it's like £15 per head which isn't that long. It goes up to around £80 per head i think for like 6 hours maybe.

Honestly, just play a regular game and have walkie talkies amongst your friends.

might be worht talking to a site owner as they will have cover that they could get stretched to cover where you want to play for a day if you provide some funds... also a responsibility waver could be an option...

You asked a question.

You are thinking of inviting strangers/friends of friends etc to your private airsofting event.

If they hurt themselves, you have a liability and duty of care.

There are some clever legal vultures out there.

As a previous poster said, if they are suddenly stopped from working by the injury and their mortgage lender is threatening to take their home away, friendships and bonhomie go out the window.

Personally I wouldn't do it. Its easier to take your friends and their friends to either a private function on an established site or just go airsofting on a skirmish and play together within the game.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.