National Airsoft Event

Maff-7777

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so I'm still pretty new to Airsoft and I've notice that the National Airsoft Event is coming up but know very little about it.

Has anyone that's been tell me what it's like? Is it one huge game with three huge teams slogging it out? Or is it broken up into lots of smaller more manageable engaments? If so are the games linked in any way or is more like a giant skirmish weekend?

Would you reckonmend it?

m.

• Supporters

one giant game, multiple objectives all being fought for concurrently.

as an actual airsoft game I found it to be quite bad, loads and loads of cheats (not just non-hit-taking, 10 minute respawn that only lasts long enough to fill a hi-cap etc). If you turn up for a laugh and play the spray and pray game with a hi cap and a lightweight kit it's probably pretty fun in it's own way.

If I were to go again it'd be more for the social aspect of meeting friends etc than the actual game.

Hmmm I was worried it would be like that. I'd love to see thousands if players all battling it out but I bet cheating is rife.

Cheers firvthe heads up.

M

What are the arrangements through the night. Does everybody all camp together on a pitch or is it team bases, patrols and sleep shifts? I wanna use my night vision monocular

What are the arrangements through the night. Does everybody all camp together on a pitch or is it team bases, patrols and sleep shifts? I wanna use my night vision monocular

It's not a milsim, everybody's in one crazy campsite from what I've heard. If you're looking for night ops milsims will probably be your thing (if you have a desire to be sat out on sentry duty at 3AM)

• Supporters

Huge campsite broken into 3 vague areas, shop Zero One haul down almost their entire warehouse)/carboot/admin area followed by the noisy camp, expect heavy drinking and everything from a 12man team in full US VN kit camping in a period style canvas tent with oil barrel bbq/bonfire and a PA system playing the classic VN soundtracks, to campervans with 52 inch hd flatscreens playing all manner of war films. The next is a quiet campsite still heavy drinking but should be fairly respectable levels of noise from about 10ish onwards. However expect muchos shouting of team names, "DELTA DELTA DELTA"

Games are set up with the three teams in various bases around the site, there are random objectives strewn around the site open to whoever gets to them first, "uranium" rods, "gold" bars and "drug" packets each of these gives points. At set times a second set of objectives open and close, intel is given to one team, two or all three and a battle may or may not ensue depending on who gets to it first. Points awarded for this as well. Points awarded for number of bases controlled by each team at set points during the day, there are loads each with a flag with each teams colours, the marshals monitor them during the day.

Cheating can be rife, but most people play with honour and everyone carries tags on front and back with an ID number, if you have a complaint you can give marshals a tag number and they can locate and warn/remove. Someone was kicked out last year on the Friday night for shenanigans in the first night. Overkill can also be a problem, some people get tired after dealing with the 20th or 30th cheating incident of the day so decide to put a whole mag into you just to make sure. But with about 1500 players in the same place you are bound to have some people who cheat.

There are pistol games and mini night games but most people beer it up with mates. It is a great laugh if you don't take it too seriously. The regens could be sorted and policed much better, you find they are spread around the site but your closest might be behind the enemy lines. We got very annoyed by people on other teams respawning and attacking us from the rear repeatedly rather than rejoining their lines before re entering the game which would be more realistic. But it isn't a milsim, don't expect everyone to follow the most realistic game play.

Its more for the social aspect.

Ive been debating about going for a while, but as people say, its largely for the social aspect and game play in't great so would prefer to spend money on a milsim or other weekender events

I'm actually unsure if I can go now, it's clashing with events friends have planned and I believe I'll enjoy those more than NAE. Maybe next year?

I'm not sure if I'm going this year due to work commitments. Really want to but if I did I'd be going on my own.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.