Want to get a feel for airsoft, recommend a cheap spring gun?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I've never owned a airsoft gun and would like to get a feel for it by purchasing a cheap gun (around £15). I know this is a small budget but I've seen a great deal of cheap airsoft spring guns about on various websites. Could anyone recommend a decent gun for my budget for some target practice as a new comer to airsoft.

I'm are truly clueless as to what to go for, however here are a few I have looked at: GALAXY G20: https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/galaxy-G20-Full-Scale-M945-pistol-in-Full-Metal-in-blue.html

M21: http://www.kombatkit.co.uk/product/K01-10021/M21+Airsoft+BB+Gun+Black+and+Orange

a few HFC guns etc.

Many thanks.

I'm with Tom on this. £15 will usually get you a rental gun and face protection, you just have to pay the site fee on top of that haha

If it is just backyard plinking you want then get one of these:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Mossberg-590-Full-Stock-Shotgun-BB-Gun_AZJSR.aspx#.U4cRGom9LTo

You can find them for really low prices on for sale forums usually (~£10). Transparent body so no worries with UKARA and shoots quite well being a really simple single shot rifle. Plus side if you get in the hobby it can be kept as a back up.

Exactly as the others have already said. Too many people turn up to their first airsoft game with a crappy gun from some 'bb guns' website (by the way don't buy from them) and find that their guns will not hit anybody and don't have a good time because of it.

If you just want to do target shooting at home then a spring gun is fine.

By the way, if you ever get into airsofting and skirmishes, and you would like your first gun, this is one a lot of people recommend:

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=trans&PN=cm16_carbine_transparent%2ehtml#SID=239

Don't want to sound like I'm getting a bit far ahead (can't think of how to say it tbh :/ ) but just giving a suggestion. Welcome to the forums as well.

I would agree with the guys above - get out and rent one first time. Had a few peeps with cheap guns in my last game and by the end they were really frustrated as they were getting stomped by the guys with real (and rental) guns. Rent first, determine you are going to play and then buy a transparent/two tone of something cheap but decent if it will save you money in compared to renting (I saved about £100 in all doing this). Then you wait for your UKARA and buy a decent RIF. Isn't any point starting with anything less than about £100 outlay electric AEG. Cheap springers just aren't skirmish capable.

Cheap springers just aren't skirmish capable.

True to a point, but most cheap shotguns are fairly skirmishable depending on the player using it.

I rented once or twice a month for 8 months before I bought my first AEG, yes you might say all that retal money was wasted but if you aren't someone who sticks at hobby's its a lot better to know its something you really enjoy doing.

• Supporters

find a site and try it out - going in "battle" is a LOT different to you just shooting a target at home

you will be lucky to find a skirmish-able gun under £100 new

and deffo never get one under £50 or £60 you will get owned especially at mid range upwards

you just come away with hump - rent a proper gun

yes you could scrape by with a cheap gun at cqb but most are woodland so you will get owned

even renting a gun isn't as expensive as say paintball renting - bb's are cheaper than paintballs for a start

try it - you probably love it like most of us.

Depends on your age - but won't take long to get UKARA and a proper gun or maybe if you are gonna get into it

then you get a 2 tone one for about £80 to £150 if you are gonna do it say twice a month x 3 months say

(Usually gun hire is about £20 say but includes bb's - 20 x say 5 or 6 visits and you might be nearly breaking even)

then it might not be too bad buying a sort of decent low spec gun and see if you get a proper black gun in 6 months or so

but deffo no crap china gun from BB site - ask here first if you are really on budget

Dragon for about £72 + battery is the only one I may say get - rest are just chinese crap

pay a bit more and you do get better guns for ICS or G&G @ £100+

Or you could buy my B500A1 - very low use - coz it is crap - lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.