Gun Painting UK? Where, who, how much?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've looked at getting my gun custom painted but can only find black ops airsoft in America. Two things:

Does anyone know anywhere in England where I can get it done?

Can you send your gun to America without it being taken, is it illegal?

I want it painted like this:

946174_602034136473810_1503633524_n.jpg

Thanks for the help,

GREG

Wouldn't be worth sending it all the way to the US. It would probably be taken by customs anyway since AFAIK they require an orange tip for import and they don't like trades and stuff.

There are a lot of hydro dipping places here in the UK who might be able to doing something like what you want.

For example:

http://www.camolab.co.uk/

http://www.camolab.co.uk/portfolio/kwa-kriss-vector-multicam-hydro-dip/

I know at least one person on the forum got their rifle done by them (not custom painted like you want yours, but hydro-dipped)

Also, if you're wanting anything engraving, such as the HWS or the dust cover, ask CaptainDumbass. ;)

Looks so sick!

Sick as in "dats well gud innit kid!" Or sick as in "oh look I have just vomited on the floor and it looks a bit like my gun!"?

The gun in the picture is hydrographic dipped. The chances are there will be someone local to you doing it, most probably a back street car paint shop. Where are you?

Be warned though you wil have to strip all the pieces off the gun you don't want the pattern on, remove anything that moves and remove the gearbox, barrel ect.

WOW looks almost as bad as a 2 tone.

I know we all use what is more or less a toy gun but that looks like something from toys r us!

each to their own and if you like it then go for it. Good luck selling it on in the future.

WOW looks almost as bad as a 2 tone.

I know we all use what is more or less a toy gun but that looks like something from toys r us!

each to their own and if you like it then go for it. Good luck selling it on in the future.

I agree.

You'd have to spend bloody ages painting if you want to achieve that effect with a brush/airbrush. If I were you I'd strip the entire gun down and get the pattern hydrographically applied, or maybe go for something more simple you can do with spray paint and stencils.

This is what I did with my rifle using a can of brown Krylon, a can of black PlastiKote and a circles stencil:

2rV9pxy.jpg

You can achieve a great look without really complex paint jobs and still be able to easily resell your rifle.

You could even make your own stencils with card and a craft knife, and then apply it with Krylon spray paint (the best kind for painting stuff that needs to be non-reflective)

• Supporters

I'm looking for some form of custom paint though, is krypteck any better?

I sideline in custom paint.

Just something to be aware of - the gun you posted originally would cost a small fortune to paint like that. Happy to try and help you out with it if you want though just be prepared to pay around twice the price of the gun (potentially more) if you really want paint and not transfers (which despite the fancy name is exactly what hydrographics are).

• Supporters

I agree.

Really? After the discussion about having a manga painted gun?

• Supporters

CoD camos aren't edgy, they're downright ludicrous.

But...but...space kittens.....

spraycans and masking tape, match your camo...

hardest part is deciding where to mask...

200% better than my rough job

You could alternatively use a custom stencil but as far as I know there are no UK based companies making vinyl camouflage pattern stencils.

I could ask if a normal vinyls company (making signs / stickers and things) would make one...

I might ask the guy selling this if he will ship over here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Duracoat-Cerakote-Krylon-Machine-cut-stencil-sheet-Kryptek-camo-pattern-/271457960684#shpCntId

Kryptek Mandrake (Woodland) :lol:

mandrake_colours.jpgmandrake.jpg

I want one of my (future) guns to look a bit like this:

kryptek_rifle.jpgremovestencil.jpg

• Supporters

If anyone can find the dxf or vector art for that pattern I can try running it through my vinyl cutter.

having seen the stensil i can now picture how to do it with masking tape... might give it a go...

• Supporters

having seen the stensil i can now picture how to do it with masking tape... might give it a go...

Print it out on paper the size you want it so you can plan your layout. And get some good scalpel blades cos you're gonna need a few to cut and weed an entire gun!

Paint mask vinyl WILL give you a sharper edge but getting it around all the fiddly bits would take some major patience. Finishes like Kryptek actually look better hydrodipped unless you want a colour they don't do.

and they cost more. my intention was to just cut up masking tape andwork from spray cans. did a sample area and considering i just sprayed the paint not stensining the first and second coat to get high contrast in those stages it hasnt turned out bad. will post piccys later

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.