Need help removing my rail and front iron sight on my m4?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to change a few things on my gun. Also do u know how to take off the rail and front iron sight off my gun, everything I look up doesn't show what to do with my type of front rail. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! I removed the 4 screws on it but it still wouldn't come off. It looks kinda like this in black:

AEG_GG_RAIDER_S_TN_lg.jpg

GREG

You need to take out the pins or the screws in your front sight post, then unscrew your flash hider.

The sight post should be able to split in two a bit or you can move it down the barrel to get it off.

Not sure about the RIS since it doesn't look like it has an attachment system like most rails but there is no delta ring either?

The front site post on the Combat Machine is moulded into the outer barrel. It's all one piece of plastic, so it cannot be removed, unlike the site post on a metal outer barrel. I didn't get around to trying to change anything on my G&G CM16, but you might be able to remove the whole outer barrel and replace it with a metal one instead.

i took one of these apart before, the front sight is built into the front of the barrel try screwing the actually front sight off just with your hand

The GR barrel is a 3 piece light weight barrel, one end attaches into the receiver, a pipe that acts as an outer barrel and then the outer barrel tip. It's quite a complex thing to explain over the internet and takes a bit of spanner work to remove, but is fairly intuitive. If you see a bolt remove it, if you have removed it and it still doesn't budge look for another bolt, they like to hide.

The front post is moulded into the metal so it won't come off. You could dremel it, rasp it flat and repaint but it's a pain.

You can pick up a new barrel and folding front post for about £30

Or you could google co witness and just get on with it .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.