slings

Gungeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey this is likely a stupid question

But

I am looking for a sling for my SRC m4 it has two points one near end of stock and one around barrel

Not interested in a one point but I don't get the major differences between 2 and 3 points

Ideally looking for whichever is comfy and sorta helps with support I guess

Any help is appreciated

I guess what I meant was that is a three point better or is it. A major hassle to set up

A two point sling will be fixed front and back, so is really only any good for carrying the rifle, or for wrapping around your arm to steady the gun when shooting in the standing or kneeling position. The three point is basically the same, except that you have part of the sling around your body similar to a one point. You can then carry the rifle slung or, when you need to engage the enemy, release the front clip and use it more like a single point. The standard SA80 sling is a three point sling and works very well.

It really depends whether you want to shoot using the sling or not as to which is the best for you. If still undecided, see if you can try out the different types at a game before buying. Oh, and the Viper 3 point is dead easy to fix, since it has a hook clip each end which clips to the sling points in the same way as a 2 point sling.

A 3 point allows the AEG to rest across your body,imagine them as a triangle with your head at the top corner.

I prefer the 3 point(also on an M4 btw) but my rear mount is located where the stock joins the body which feels much more comfortable and managable.

I can walk back to the respawn and reload my mags or a BFG without having to stop,I'd certainly be lost without one and I can't understand why everybody doesn't use them!!!

Google images if you're not sure what they look like,the Viper is a very good example of the 3 point with a q/r clip to swap from carry to fire positions,some of the cheaper ones available fail to "hang" correctly,I have used many including the Magpul MS2 sling but I prefer the viper 3p,I use a single point for CQB weapon but as the Viper has clips you could use 1 sling for all your AEG's I have done in the past with 3 different AEG's.

I can't post a pic for you as my AEG is dismantled(=broke).

Thanks guys

So with where my sling points are is that a issue for. a three point or should I get the clip for the part where then stock and body join

Thanks guys

So with where my sling points are is that a issue for. a three point or should I get the clip for the part where then stock and body join

It will depend on how you like to carry it,with the positioning of mine it hangs around my neck,if you have the sling on the end of the stock you may have to use it with your arm through it but along with that comes other issues such as adjusting the stock with the weight of the gun on it,swapping to fire from left to right(if you can)..it's not as complicated as it sounds but it's worth finding what is comfrortable for you.

The end cap is available on Ebay if you can't find it anywhere else.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-AEG-M4-CQB-SLING-PLATE-CYMA-/321394554911?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4ad49bb81f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-M4-M16-SLING-MOUNT-PLATE-AMBIDEXTROUS-/121337654172?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Paintballing&hash=item1c4049ab9c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.