Motorola Talkabout T5422

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes its a standard PMR446 radio compatible with other PMR446. Can be used with a headset using Motorola single pin plug. Doesnt scan though which can be useful if you are trying to monitor others.

I'm no expert by any means... But I sad always led to believe that cheaper sets like this lose functionality quite quickly... Lack of channels, non scanning, limited connections, no vox function... Which has its uses...

So things like this are perfectly functional... But sometimes it's better to spend a bit more... Depends on what your end game is. :)

I'm no expert by any means... But I sad always led to believe that cheaper sets like this lose functionality quite quickly... Lack of channels, non scanning, limited connections, no vox function... Which has its uses...

So things like this are perfectly functional... But sometimes it's better to spend a bit more... Depends on what your end game is. :)

Thanks, it's just we already have 4 so...they've lasted for years and years

Yeah... It's not longevity I'm talking about. It's functionality.

I'm sure they do what they mean to... And they will last as long as they last... But depending on intended use, they may need to be upgraded. But if you already own, or have access to 4...You should have all the info you need...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.